Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/03/14, 06:32 PM   #1
rizefall
Shadow Ranger

Default Rewatched MMPR

And i gotta say i'm quite.. Disappoint. For some reason i assume many "followers" might have rewatched it and dont enjoy it so much, it's not cause i've grown up (in that sense that i'm no longer a child). More so that the quality and.. well the episodes are just plain weird if you watch the first ones today. Reusing of scenes, how weird the first episode is if you watch 4th one later.. Uh. It's just bad.

I can't even describe with real good words how i'm feeling. I still love the show from the bottom of my heart but i could never imagine it was "this bad", sure it's the first of all the Super Sentai adaptions but uh...

Does anyone understand what i'm trying to say..?
rizefall is offline Report Post
Old 12/03/14, 06:34 PM   #2
Zarius
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Rewatched MMPR

Welcome to the outdated "shows I used to like don't hold up" fad that's been present on the interne"t for a decade now.

I still enjoy MMPR and can lok past the flaws, I even have fun poking holdes in it because it doesnt overall disrupt my love of the show so thankully the mentality doesnt affect everyone. I do this with Classic Doctor Who, Classic TMNT, and the Back to the Future movies.

Everything ages, but that doesnt mean it's "bad"
Zarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/14, 06:35 PM   #3
rizefal
Shadow Ranger

I dont mean it's bad. That why i say it's ok cause it's the first of it's kind, it's old it was an experiment (no one knew how big it would be) and the later episodes are still good. I just never understood until now how "bad" it was at the start compared to later. Now i never enjoyed S3 of MMPR so from there on it went downhill from me anyway but.. yeah.

What i do love is the new sound and music over the original. Like when Geki and Burai fight.. the "fight sound" just sound so silly while in the MMPR they are cool, those are nice additions.

Not sure if i only noticed it in the beginning when it came to combining clips and such but it seems like it just gets better the further the show goes, just like the crew gets better at what they are doing.
Old 12/03/14, 06:37 PM   #4
kainhighwind2
Shadow Ranger

I liked how episodic MMPR was. It's my go-to season when I need my Power Rangers fix and didn't want to be bogged down with plot details.

The Zyuranger footage is better than a lot of Sentai fight scenes I see, too.

But.... Netflix has "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" but not "Alpha's Magical Christmas"
Old 12/03/14, 06:38 PM   #5
SPD Gold
Shadow Ranger

Look , buddy, you're anything but alone in your not liking in MMPR.

I too found MMPR to be very boring. Sure the evil Green storyline was eyecatching but not much else was interesting about it. I think the scene reuses were because Saban in those days had lower budgets and they probably didn't have the time, money, or resources to shoot new scenes but this isn't contributed to my dislike for MMPR. Well, i don't dislike it per se, I just prefer other series installments like S.P.D, Lightspeed, and R.P.M.
Old 12/03/14, 06:39 PM   #6
rizefall
Shadow Ranger

Yeah my first post can be misleading. It's not that i dont like MMPR which i do, i love it. I was just so suprised about all the edits and stuff so some of the magic just vanished, but it will always be there.
Post New ThreadReply