Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/11/16, 11:21 AM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: Re-do a Power Rangers Season - Overdrive

I agree with Matt, Power Rangers should have different casts every year. Every season should be like a new season like the Sentai.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/16, 11:30 AM   #12
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Except ....Power Rangers isn't Sentai. There is no reason why they can't change things up and do their own thing. The idea of a All Star Ranger season doesn't sound realistic though.

If I were to change OO, I would have Robo Mack able to grow and age. It would have fixed the pothole of why Hartford buit him to be so old. Mack wouldn't be turned human in the end. He would remain a robot. The team up would have had better focus on the old Ranger. And the story wouldn't show how unlikeable they were were. Which is something that would need to be changed for the whole season.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/16, 11:31 AM   #13
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I would explain why that ghost was suddenly a live again ...The one with the pirate.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/16, 03:02 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
I agree with Matt, Power Rangers should have different casts every year. Every season should be like a new season like the Sentai.
while I agree to a point things shouldn't be exactly like Sentai. Yes a new season should have new people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
Except ....Power Rangers isn't Sentai. There is no reason why they can't change things up and do their own thing. The idea of a All Star Ranger season doesn't sound realistic though.

If I were to change OO, I would have Robo Mack able to grow and age. It would have fixed the pothole of why Hartford buit him to be so old. Mack wouldn't be turned human in the end. He would remain a robot. The team up would have had better focus on the old Ranger. And the story wouldn't show how unlikeable they were were. Which is something that would need to be changed for the whole season.
I agree that Power Rangers isn't Sentai I'm all for them changing things up and I agree that an All Star season doesn't sound realistic.

That would have been a good idea with the android Mack being capable of aging but I was actually for him becoming human in the end since it was an obvious feel-good story especially after he was destroyed due to using the full powers of the Red Sentinel Ranger.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/16, 07:16 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Why do you think they need to have brand new Rangers every new season?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/16, 07:25 AM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Why do you think they need to have brand new Rangers every new season?
I think it keeps things fresh which is a good thing as long as it's done right one way it wasn't done right is when earlier in the series they had rookie Reds and always did the same thing with them in the beginning since they were rookies however I'm not saying that the whole team needs to be fresh but it would definitely make things easier in situations when they might use Japanese footage like for example of the Legendary Battle that we had last year - they tried hiding Tommy's additional powers but it didn't work due to the Sentai shots.
Old 10/12/16, 11:30 AM   #17
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't think it would hurt to have continuing seasons where it makes sense. Changing it up three or four years makes sense though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/16, 11:33 AM   #18
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I would had the Rangers be the children of the original MMPR team. Battling the children of Rita and Zedd. Tyzonn could have been a new friend. But I would make sure it was about teenagers with attitude and monsters of the day. No quest for the gem crap.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/16, 11:36 AM   #19
Yellow Fan Forever
Ranger In Training

I would have made Ronny an explorer and archeologist. Just like Lora Croft.
Yellow Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/16, 07:29 PM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I don't think it would hurt to have continuing seasons where it makes sense. Changing it up three or four years makes sense though.
that's true but they also got lucky with the footage when they did that with MMPR-Turbo since nothing was totally out there and even in the case of Space nothing was too out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I would had the Rangers be the children of the original MMPR team. Battling the children of Rita and Zedd. Tyzonn could have been a new friend. But I would make sure it was about teenagers with attitude and monsters of the day. No quest for the gem crap.
I disagree with the gems thing since that was something fun to see.
I do like the idea that a Ranger team should be related to a previous team and I do like the idea that a Ranger team should face relatives of that villain as long as it makes some realm of sense however the Ranger thing shouldn't be done unless we get to see their Parents.
Post New ThreadReply