Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/29/15, 10:50 PM   #11
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why did A Squad go bad?

I always thought it would have been cool if A Squad stuck around longer. Having B Squad be on the sidelines and taking lesser jobs at first would have been interesting way to follow. Just like in the first few episodes. It would have been a pretty original concept.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 01:34 PM   #12
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

I don't like the comic insinuating that they were brainwashed by Gruumm. I do like that in the show they were the first team of rangers to genuinely just decide to be bad.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:31 PM   #13
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

I agree, it was interesting seeing an evil team of Rangers. Plus it brought B Squad full circle. Since they had to face off against the heralded A Squad. Who they were supposed to be inferior too.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:32 PM   #14
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

I did think it was dumb for B Squad to just beat A Squad by going swat. They should have beat them on their own merits.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:37 PM   #15
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

But A Squad kinda looked like they had their own Swat mode. So it made sense for B Squad to need their own swat mode. A Squad was pretty tough. B Squad should have had some trouble against them at first.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:40 PM   #16
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

It was just done too easily once they went Swat. There should have been more of a struggle.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:55 PM   #17
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Chaos View Post
I agree, it was interesting seeing an evil team of Rangers. Plus it brought B Squad full circle. Since they had to face off against the heralded A Squad. Who they were supposed to be inferior too.
Right away it was one of the things that drew me to SPD. No spells or brainwashing, just a bunch of bad seeds, and yeah, it really helped B-squad come full circle as you put it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn View Post
I did think it was dumb for B Squad to just beat A Squad by going swat. They should have beat them on their own merits.
It was just done too easily once they went Swat. There should have been more of a struggle.
Yeah, the A-squad were so dominating, only to be trumped pretty darn quickly once B went SWAT. I feel like the final fight could have been a lot closer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Oliver View Post
But A Squad kinda looked like they had their own Swat mode. So it made sense for B Squad to need their own swat mode. A Squad was pretty tough. B Squad should have had some trouble against them at first.
A-squad appeared to already be in a SWAT mode, so it made sense that they got owned pretty hard early on.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 12:33 AM   #18
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

I agree that it wouldn't be a fair fight without B Squad using Swat. A Squad had Swat like tech. The combination experiance and high tech powers made them dangerous. B Squad's training and power upgrade finally put them on an even playing field. It would have been noce to get more of A Squad though.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 11:50 AM   #19
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

It was a case of poor writing. They forgot about A Squad until towards the end anyway. Might as well have not used then. I do wish we would have saw C Squad. Especially if the used the Lightspeed suits.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 01:53 PM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

I think it was just a case of the A-Squad Rangers not wanting to be heroes because they didn't get enough money or anything else of the sort and Gruumm offered them a bigger reward if they won the war and because A-Squad was greedy and they took themselves for granted they personally thought that with them aligning themselves with Gruumm that no one could beat them not even a well-trained B-Squad group of Rangers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply