View Single Post
Old 06/09/05, 01:13 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

It has long been debated by PR fans which storytelling method is better. Do you like the season to season contination that MMPR-Space brought us. Or do you prefer the standalone seasons of Galaxy-SPD?

Personally, I think the so called continunity of MMPR-Space is largely overrated. In reality much of it was jumbled continuinty. I mean every year the Rangers just lost their powers, while the main villians would usally just leave with no resolution. How many subplots were thrown our or forgotten about. Only Space was able to bring the saga of the first six seasons to a close. Without Space the early days would have been a mess.

Nowadays at least you have some closuer at the end of every season. The main villians don't disapear, they are defeated. The Rangers dont; just get new powers. They are replaced by new Rangers who are in a totally new adventure.

While I think it would be interesing to see how todays PR could work as a season to season type show, I feel continuing with the standalone type seasons is the best way to go.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote