Thread: Ranger Black
View Single Post
Old 02/13/17, 06:25 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Ranger Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I think you should word things properly. "Ranger Black" was an episode that was Eddie's idea but it never went to the table because he was fired so it couldn't be cut because he never officially wrote it granted I doubt Disney would've approved some of the details that have came out regarding it either way since they were always against evil Rangers. Why do you think Doug had to come up with the White Ranger clone back in Dino Thunder? because Disney didn't like the idea of a Ranger that's supposed to be good fighting for evil.
This is why I think its a little much to go on about "Ranger Black"..Even though RPM flew under the radar it doesn't mean there still wouldn't be changes to RPM. With production in danger of falling behind , Eddie probabky would have had to to change or tweak a lot of his plans.

As sad as it would have been. I do think the critics are too hard on the idea. Since it does make narrative sense in a lot of ways. One thing I like abour RPM was that it tweaked a lot of PR's formula and was the most original series in years. I think it was something pr needed after years of sameness. And of course its hard to bas an episode that was never produced. Much less getting the final draft treatment.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote