View Single Post
Old 04/27/06, 11:45 AM   #10
XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Arguing about Magiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowJoker/TaimuFaiyaa View Post
I don't anyone is saying Harry Potter created the whole Magical theme of wizards and witches, I think it's more that Harry Potter made it more popular. And because it popularized theme and the franchise itself is popular when something else comes out in the same vein people just naturally compare it.

Just like Halo, Halo wasn't the first first-person-shooter to come out but it made that genre a helluva lot popular and because the game was good people usually use that to compare other first person shooters. That's just the way it is, especially in entertainment. When something good comes out and because popular other companies try to jump on the bandwagon to garner that attention and make some money of the craze. I can easily go on with the exaples.

Now I still stand by my word that Magiranger was INFLUNCED by the Harry Potter CRAZE but I'm not saying that it ripped-off the HP movies cuz If that was the case the Magiranger would be about 3 alchemy students in a Acedemy of Magic and Magired would be a boy with glasses and lightning bolt on his forehead...etc.

For those of you out there, there is a difference between ripping off and inspiration
HA, Halo is a well-selling series, but it's hardly the game that popularized FPS. If anything, Halo jumped on the bandwagon already started by games like Doom, Goldeneye, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which all argueably did far more for the genre than Halo, and all of which are argueably better during their time than Halo during its.
XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2 is offline   Reply With Quote