View Single Post
Old 09/27/17, 02:53 AM   #9
Kaoskid
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Power Rangers Pirate Squadron

Chapter 4: Blue Soul

The Five pirates looked over their key collection.

"19 teams. 19 True Powers to unlock." Crimzen folded his arms and looked off into the distance. "With each power, we get a test. A test we don't know we're taking until we either pass or fail." He looked back at his team. "Tough. But no sense dwelling on it. Let's go eat. Joe and Sanna are buying ."

Sailors of the Sea of Stars, Heroes from beyond Mars,
Time to unite! Time to fight! Time for heroes to take flight!
Rangers return! With power to burn!
Time for evil to learn!
Pirates never fall! Rangers save us all!

PIRATE SQUADRON!

Power Rangers never lose! This power that we choose!

Corsairs of the sky! Rangers do or die!

POWER RANGERS! PIRATE SQUADRON!

IN SPACE

Prince Payne looked up as a new Cy-Born Elite entered. This one was all black, with a red faceplate that glowed.

"Sabir reporting for duty, my liege." the Machine man introduced himself.

"Sabir, eh? Muramassaca says you are some kind of sword prodigy?" The prince questioned.

Sabir pulled an apple from behind his back. "Watch closely." He threw the apple up into the air, before slashing repeatedly with his sword. The apple landed in Payne's outstretched palm, and the skin burst from it, as if cut to shreds. the fruit itself fell apart, neatly sliced into eight pieces.

"Impressive." The Prince took a bite of an apple slice.

"That is remarkable." Lykia clapped her hands together.

"The next thing you cut will be a little stronger than fruit." Muramassaca walked over to the other Cy-Born Elite. "Go to Earth and cut down anything that stands."

"Your command-" Sabir bowed. "-is my greatest wish."

On Earth

Joe carried the food while Sanna tried to not steal anything.

"Ooh, shiny." She stared at a gold and ruby ring.

"Do not even think about it." Joe warned.

"Then give me a bag to carry!"

"I have them, they are too heavy for you." Joe repositioned his hold on a bag.

"Too heavy? I can-" Sanna's rant was interrupted by the sound of a slash and an explosion. A nearby building was cut in half, imploding as it fell.

The two pirates raced off to find the source of the catastrophe, and find it they did. On a nearby building, Sabir stood.

"What is wrong with you!?" Sanna roared, all rage and fire.

"I was just showcasing my swordsmanship, little girl." Sabir rubbed a hand along his sword.

"Well then!" Crimzen, Allie and Bones slid down the Galaxy Galleon's ropes, landing by their friends. "Maybe we should show off ours!" Crimzen finished his sentence.

"Set Sail!"

The rangers stood on the deck of the Galaxy Galleon. They ran forward, taking the ropes that hung down to propel themselves high into the air! At the height of their leap, they let go, their clothes transforming into the ranger outfits. As they hit the ground, their helmets materialized around their heads

"Pirate Red." Crimzen stated, popping the collar of his suit.

"Pirate Blue." Joe pushed the front of his helmet in a manner reminiscent of the way he fixes his hair.

"Pirate Yellow!" Sanna yelled, then threw a peace sign salute at the monsters

"Pirate Green!" Bones excitedly ran his hands down his pants legs, as if to stop his legs from shaking.

"Pirate Pink!" Allie placed her hand over her heart and gave a slight bow.

"Power Rangers! Pirate Squadron!" They yelled as one, and the Cy-Born could almost see the pirate flag waving behind them.

"So you are the infamous Pirates." Sabir made a "charge" motion. "Go, Cy-born!"

"Let's go crazy!" Crimzen yelled, and the rangers rushed the charging Cy-Born.

Joe slashed down a Cy-born in his way, headed straight for Sabir. But, as he swung his cutlass, Sabir easily blocked it and countered! Joe blocked it and locked swords with Sabir. The two leaped off the building, landing in an underpass to continue doing battle.

"Not bad." Sabir dodged Joe's strike, firing back a slash of his own. "But you could be better."

Joe pushed against the blade, trying to end the deadlock. "What are you talking about?"

"Whoever taught you must have sucked." Sabir kicked Joe away. "Totally incompetent."

"What. Did. You. SAY!?" Joe's stoic demeaner cracked as he slashed twice wildly with his Cutlass before grabbing Sabir's blade and running with him toward the wall.

In Space

Muramassaca stared at the Earth.

"It will go well" The other general, Midos walked toward him. "You trained Sabir after all."

"And like me-" Murmassaca walked over to the prince. "He lives only to serve."

Back at the fight

Joe put his weight behind each blow, only for Sabir to block them with ease. Joe aimed for his head, only for Sabir to once again block it and slam his hilt into Joe's stomach.

"Take this ranger!" Sabir raised his sword, moving it in a circle to summon afterimages of it around him.

"Impossible." Joe muttered.

"Blade Storm!" Sabir slashed, firing off swords made somehow corporeal! Joe blocked them as best as he could, spinning and striking with his blade. He might have succeeded, had Sabir not thrown his original sword into the mix, stabbing out and striking Joe in the chest. Joe demorphed, clutcthing his injured chest with one hand. The other rangers appeared. "Joe!" Sanna yelled. Crimzen ran in front of him to protect him from Sabir.

"Five against one? How cowardly." Sabir sniffed derisively.

"Hi, pot. Name's kettle." Sanna snapped back.

"I don't have time to play with you all. See you around, blue boy." Sabir walked off.

Joe stood slowly. "I will beat him...by myself!" He swore.

Later that day.

Crimzen helped himself to his fifth plate. "Excellent work as always, Bones. Princess."

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Allie reprimanded.

Sanna looked around. "Where's Blue?"

"Out." Bones replied, stabbing a fork down millimeters from Crimzen's hand, which had been trying to grab food from Bones' plate.|

"I'll go find him." Sanna excused herself from the table.

The door to the training room was opened, so Sanna peeked inside

Joe slashed and stabbed, trying his hardest to keep up with the virtual opponents he fought. The Blue Ninja Storm Ranger, the blue Galaxy ranger, the blue Mystic ranger, The blue Samurai ranger and the blue Megaforce ranger. In one hand he held his Power Cutlass. In the other, a dagger he had bought on Earth. He slashed and rolled, stabbed and flipped. But when the five combined their attacks, even Joe fell. He demorphed, the pain hitting him hard.

Sanna ran to her friend, trying to pick him up, but Joe shot her a glare before standing up himself. "I must get stronger!" he snarled.

"Joe! What is wrong with you?"

"I have to beat that Zang. I was overwhelmed by the swords last time...but this time I can do it." He tried to go back to his training, but Sanna clamped down on his shoulder.

"Joe, you're always telling us to be logical, to not act insane, BUT HERE YOU ARE DOING THE SAME THING!"

"I have to do this!" Joe snapped, surprising Sanna. Nevertheless, she did not stop.

"Then let us help. We're teammates, right? We're friends!"

Joe's voice was level again, calm and stoic once more. "Please just go."

Sanna sighed, then turned to leave.

In Space

"Rangers! Those accursed Rangers!" Payne glared at the Earth "Why is it always Rangers!"

"Give me one more try." Sabir clenched his fist. "I will beat that blue ranger AND his team!"

"Fine. Beat the blue ranger in 10 seconds" Payne challenged.

"I only need 5 to beat him into the Black and Blue ranger!" Sabir promised. As he turned to leave, Muramassaca stopped him.

"Do not underestimate Joe Kassan. He is the Dual Blade, one of the best two sword style users in the galaxy."

"Yes, master. But two swords are nothing compared to two hundred." Sabir left.

.................................................. .................................................. .......

"That idiotic, sword brained, moron of a Amryian!" Sanna fumed to Crimzen, who was ATTEMPTING to watch the new Captain Harlock series on Adult Swim.

"Captain, talk some sense into him!" Sanna stared at her captain, who sighed.

"Sanna, Sometimes we have to do things alone. Some things are just so personal, so important to us as a sentient being, that if someone were to interfere, it would crush us." Crimzen stood, and his coat caught a cross breeze from an open window, billowing slightly. "It does not mean we're stubborn, or foolish. It means we still have a shred of pride in who we are." Crimzen sat back down, his point made. "Now move. I'm missing the fight between Harlock and Dark Harlock."

Sanna stormed off to the Crow's nest. Crimzen waited until her footsteps retreated to speak again. "Allie? Go talk to her." Allie looked at him. "You know I suck at this." He smirked at her.

Allie approached her friend. "Are you alright?" she asked.

"I don't get these guys. Why is Crimzen so nonchalant about this? Why is Joe so obsessed?" Sanna punched the mast. From below their feet, Crimzen's voice rang out "Don't go breaking my ship!"

The two girls giggled before returning to the conversation.

"Do you know what I think?" Allie asked. Sanna looked at her. "I think, and I may be wrong because you've known Joe longer than I have, but I think Joe has a special place in his heart for his swordsmanship. The same way the Captain has for the Red Ranger Keys and the Galaxy Galleon."

"You mean-?" Sanna began. Allie nodded.

"His fighting style may have been taught to him by someone he cared about. Someone he lost, in one form or another." The Felinian looked toward the skies. "And when it was insulted, when his lost one's memory was insulted, he took it personally. That's why he's so obsessed. And the most we can do, as friends. is support that. After all, we all lost something to the Zang." Allie looked at Sanna, Feline eyes meeting silver ones. "Don't you agree?"

Sanna was quiet, before reaching up to pat Allie's head. "You're really smart, Allie."

Allie put her arm around her friend. "This is why Crimzen keeps me here!" The two laughed as they headed back into the ship.

As Sanna slept, Allie and Crimzen stood watch together.

"You talked to her?" Crimzen asked.

"Of course I did." Allie replied. "I am the group negotiator and therapist."

"True. Now for patient number 2, huh?" Crimzen walked away as Allie entered the Training room.

Joe stood, blood drying on a cut on his arm.

"Joe?" Allie called. He turned. "Here." Allie handed him her Cutlass. "I'm better with blasters anyway."

Joe looked confused.

"You might need it against that Zang swordsman. And Sanna needs hers for her whip sword technique." Allie explained.

Joe nodded, sheathed his dagger, and took the Cutlass. "Now, I am ready for him." He murmured to himself. As if on cue, the alert sounded. It had detected Sabir in the grotto beyond the city. Joe left, and Sanna awoke as the door closed.

At the Grotto

Sabir waited patiently. He did not have to wait long, though. Joe appeared, both swords in tow.

"Ready?" Sabir asked. "This time I will prove that I, Sabir am the better swordsman.

"We will see." Joe replied. ( Start playing Ron Wasserman's "I will Win")

Sabir drew his blade. Joe responded by tossing his swords into the air, morphing without a word, and catching them. The two swordsmen ran at each other.

Joe slashed right, and so did Sabir! The swords met in a shower of sparks, only for Joe to stab out with his right hand sword. When Sabir dodged it, coming in for a strike, Joe blocked it with his other blade. The two slashed back and forth, each trying to find an advantage.

Sabir raised his blades to the heavens, moving it in a counterclockwise circle. "Blade storm!" He roared before launching the blades at Joe. Joe flashed back to his training, blocking the lightning fast slashes of the Ninja and Samurai. He blocked the swords with the same easy speed.

Out of nowhere, three Cy-born Arms grabbed him! Joe was struck by the blades, falling as the blue cyborgs let go. (cut off "I will win" here)

Sabir laughed. "Did you really think I'd play fair?" he asked. Sabir stomped down on Joe's arm. "Now, to finish you-" The last word was interrupted as someone shot Sabir 4 times in the chest. (start up "Fight" by Ron Wasserman)

"Hey, First Mate! Need a hand!" Crimzen called down as the other four rangers slid down the ropes of the Galaxy Galleon. Crimzen immediately attacked a Cy-Born Arms as he hit the ground, slashing it away.

"Kick his cheating butt, Joe!" Sanna yelled, striking at the second.

Doc wrestled with the third. "We'll handle the mooks!" He promised.

Joe nodded and rose, before charging Sabir again.

"Go, Joe!" Allie yelled in encouragement, shooting down Cy-born.

"Just don't forget-" Bones jumped from behind the rock he was hiding behind after shooting two Cy-born to slash a third.

Sanna slashed down a Cy-born as well. "-we're here for you!" She charged at the retreating Cy-born.

The four fought their way into a group. As the Cy-Born arms powered up their energy cannons, the rangers pulled out ranger keys.

"Jungle Beast!" They yelled. The CBA fired. "Spirit unleashed!"

Crimzen, as the red Jungle Fury ranger, landed a strike on the leading Cy-Born Arms. As it recoiled, he taunted it, making a "bring it on" gesture. It swung, only for him to block it and hit it again. He slashed with his hands two more times before knocking it away with one double palm smash.

Bones, as the Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger, waved at his opponent before adopting a Muay Thai stance. He grabbed the blue cyborg, slamming his knees into it again and again, before unleashing a spinning elbow to its face.

Sanna, as the Jungle Fury Yellow ranger, spun the bostaff, before slamming it into the menace's stomach twice. On the second time she lifted it into the air. Allie, as the Rhino Ranger, leaped after him, using her agility to land a slash in midair, spinning to slash again, and finishing the combo with a kick.

As the Cy-Born Arms struggled to rise, the 4 came together again.

"Time to end you." Crimzen nodded to the other three, and all pulled out ranger keys.

"SPD EMERGENCY!" they yelled, becoming the Red, Green, Yellow and Pink SPD Rangers. Crimzen combined his delta blasters together, and the rest of the rangers leveled theirs. "Later." Crimzen uttered before the rangers pulled the triggers, firing laser blasts from the guns that shorted out the Cy-Born Arms, causing an explosion.

Sabir fired off sword after sword, but Joe blocked them all. Compared to the speed of the five rangers he had practiced with, they were nothing.

"Is that all you have for me?" He yelled.

"Take this!" Sabir stabbed out with his main sword, but Joe stabbed right back. Joe's sword split Sabir's RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE! The stab hit Sabir in the face, knocking him down.

"Yes. That was all you had."

"Not just yet, Little Boy Blue!" Sabir stood, then stretched his arms out. Tentacles with swords at the end materialized from his chest! Joe blocked this new barrage.

In Space

Lykia laughed. "I call it the Phantom Blades!" She explained to Prince Payne and Muramassaca. "Sabir begged for it after he learned the Blue Ranger was a dual wielder.

Muramassaca said nothing, just stared at the screen.

Joe was handling the swords a little too well for Sabir's taste, so he resorted to sneaky tactics again. Summoning two phantom blades from his back, he sent them underground. They popped up behind Joe! As Joe turned, they slashed him across the chest. Joe fell, and the swords began to slash him without mercy. As they finally stopped, Sabir drew closer. "Goodbye Blue ranger." He whispered.

The other four pirates drew closer. Suddenly Sanna had an idea "Joe! Catch!" She yelled. Crimzen caught on to her idea. "Mine too." He yelled.

"You owe me big time!" Bones yelled. All three threw their swords. Joe caught them, holding all five swords between his fingers.

"Circus tricks will do you no good here!" Sabir roared. He fired the phantom blades again, but Joe jumped into the air, spinning like a tornado to block the strikes. He landed, slashing the blades that had came out of the ground behind him apart, then spinning on his heel to destroy the blades coming from Sabir's chest.

"Impossible." Sabir moaned in despair.

"It is time to end you." Joe's belt activated and five ranger keys activated. The Blue rangers he had used for training earlier.

"Final slash! Blue Overdrive!" Joe spun around, slashing the air with the blades. The Megaforce ranger slashed first, followed by the Samurai, the Mystic force ranger, the Ninja Storm ranger, and finally the Galaxy ranger. Behind the Blue Galaxy ranger, Joe spun like a cyclone before slashing with all five swords, defeating the Cy-Born.

Lykia activated the Magna cannons, reviving Sabir and the CBA instantly. Sabir transformed the Cy-Born Arms into their flight mode, then molded them together to create a flight board. He took off toward the skies, cackling madly. "Now I am the master of sword AND sky"

Let's go!" Crimzen yelled. The rangers formed the Pirate Megazord. "And for flight!" Crimzen pulled out the Red Mystic Force key, and his teammates followed suit.

"Mystic Pirate Megazord!" The Dragon reappeared. The Megazord took off, firing burst of flames at Sabir. Sabir fired back with Phantom blades, but the rangers easily dodged them. "So predictable." Crimzen lamented. A final burst of flames destroyed the two Cy-Born Arms needed for Sabir to balance, and he fell alon with the remaining CBA.

The Rangers landed and unveiled the dark matter cannon. "Star Burst!" They yelled as one, and unleashed the cannonball barrage to destroy the last Cy-Born Arms.

"And now for the Finale!" Crimzen declared.

"Let's finish him with the dragon." Joe decided.

"MYSTIC SPELL SEAL!" The pirates shouted together. The dragon flew off the Megazord and flew around Sabir, creating two explosive spell seals. As they exploded. the dragon recombined with the Pirate Megazord.

"Checkmate. Let's go eat." Crimzen dusted off his hands.

Joe approached the table. "I have made something. Think of it as an apology for my recent behavior."

"Define 'recent'" Crimzen joked before his nose caught a whiff of something. "You made brownies?" He asked.

"I made you, Allie and Bones brownies." Joe explained setting down the tray.

Sanna looked crushed.

"Sanna gets double fudge brownies." Joe finished.

"What? No fair!" Bones cried, trying to steal one from Sanna's tray, only for a fork to impale the table millimeters from his fingers.

Sanna smiled at Joe. For a brief second, he smiled back.

I thought I heard the Old Man say
You can go ashore and take your pay.
And it's time for us to leave her

Leave her, Johnny, leave her!
Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her!
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

And we'll leave her tight
and we'll leave her trim
And heave the hungry packet in
It's time for us to leave her.

Oh, leave her, Johnny, leave her with a grin
For there's many a worser we've sailed in

And now it's time to say goodbye
For the old pierhead's a-drawing nigh
And it's time for us to leave her

Last edited by Kaoskid; 09/27/17 at 04:28 AM.
Kaoskid is offline   Reply With Quote