View Single Post
Old 12/16/14, 05:39 PM   #9
Red5
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Thread: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers FAN made series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prblackforce View Post
How about no. We get many threads on fan films and I have not seen come out. The Power Ranger fanbase just does not like fan films. All we want is some quality official canon material, which we have not seen since 2009. They're all the same though. It's always "An MMPR fan film with darker themes geared to a more mature audience". All these fan films are also typically done by people who only know MMPR (as if that's the only good series). Can we have a rule where people only post fan films when they a can provide trailer (with enough original footage to constitute a working project)? I've been on many forums where one cannot start a thread about a project until they have some progress on it.

There's only one piece of advice I can give you Awakening. That advice is to not do anything. We don't want to see some crappy fan film/series. We're tired of seeing all this MMPR-related things (official or not). We don't care if it's for fun or not. At least with a fan edit project, it seems more realistic in a sense that it makes a "what if" statement or seeks to improve the already-made material. We've been forced through Samurai and Megaforce, if you can at least show us something of value right now in video form (no sentai footage), then we'll reconsider. As of right now, the one thing we don't want see is material worse that Samurai and Megaforce.
Well awakening I wish you well with your idea. And good luck aS a film maker. I don't expect things for mmpr would turn out like you want. You might not get far before saban brands and or toei send you a stop notice.
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote