View Single Post
Old 09/12/09, 03:51 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

I kind of liked this, kind of didn't.

Liked that Len and Kase are lovers, didn't see that coming at all. Didn't like that Kase acted as though Len shouldn't have been surprised she was alive, when she was in mortal danger the last time they'd seen each other.

Didn't like that Kit got all whiny just for losing to Kase. Loved that they explained it later, being due to all of the other "failures" he's suffered over the course of the show, and how it's actually been bugging him all along.

Liked that Lacey tried to reconnect with Maya, since she was wrong about the Kamen Rider business. Didn't like that she then got huffy again, when she had been the one who let it be known she didn't care about what her and Trent were into from the beginning.

LOVED the twist with Michelle Walsh. All this time I assumed we were dealing with keeping secrets from the press, which American tokusatsu has approached many times before, but the federed government? Finally explains why a renowned reporter would have nothing better to do then follow a gopher like Maya around all day.

Liked that JTC explained his stand on society. He has a brother, and because of said brother's boneheaded moves, it's instilled in him a sense of obedience. He feels Xaviax is going to win, and he doesn't want to be punished by betraying him. What I don't like is that no one who felt obedient would then take pride in venting other human beings, which Strike clearly did when he took out Thrust and Torque.

And I liked that Onyx showed up in such an incredibly ominous fashion. Didn't like that it took him so long to show up, when he was supposed to have destroyed the other Ventaran Riders. Then again, Kase took her sweet time, too, so maybe I'll let this slide.

These many elements could have worked, if given their own episodes. Altogether, it felt really unrelated, and the various chain breaks somewhat took me out of it.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote