View Single Post
Old 05/30/17, 07:36 PM   #9
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: Each Ranger with a Megazord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cestro View Post
So why haven't we reached the logical evolution; giving each ranger their own Megazord?
At some point, I suspect we will. It seems like an inevitable step with mecha heavy series. I think the only thing holding it back right now is the size of casts. A small team would be better to do it with and they've been going in the opposite direction with that lately. Not to mention at the heart of it is Toei and Bandai's general unwillingness to market to girls and give girl rangers their due with the toys on the same level as boys. They'll make girl toys, but just to complete sets, never as the main focus, never with special attention. Especially with what sells with the kids in Japan versus the American kids.

It really depends on the current trends the show latches onto. One mecha with changeable parts has been the go to for a while now. It's easier to sell auxiliary zords than extra megazords. If they're cheap remold parts to attach to existing toys too, all the better.

I would love to see everyone end up in their own megazord. Jungle Fury got close but not quite right. Often the problem is just getting a body zord to fill space. Wild Force had so many arms floating around but only three bodies and two legs to use which really held it back.

I think a neat way to approach it would be a megazord configuration for each ranger. Where their zord becomes the body and the others arrange around for the new mode. Sort of how ninninger/Ninja Steel does the first Megazord combo with red and blue changing places making different formations or even better the way Time Force has three different ways to combine their main zords.

A smaller three man team could probably get away with that easier. A Primary Warrior mode for the standard humanoid fighting mecha, a secondary beast mode combo and a third flight form would make the most sense. A Red, Blue, and Yellow form essentially. It doesn't seem that unlikely, but probably will need to wait for the mech toys to pick up popularity over role play items.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote