View Single Post
Old 02/21/12, 09:11 PM   #20
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Semi OT with regards to the green blood thing I have a theory (read: THEORY so take it with a grain of salt if it sounds dumb).

I've been to TV Tropes, and they have a section on Dark is Not Evil, and one on Light is Not Good anyway in both sections they mention that in some cultures like Japan white is the color of death, and black is the color of life.

To the same degree though they still have a lot of stories that still play to the whole Light is Good, and Dark is Evil thing so in a lot of shows you see both good guys, and bad guys in both black, and white.

Anyway the point I'm trying to get is that in a lot of these same shows Green is used as a color that represents evil or at least darkness like Spielban, and Metalder where you have monsters that are made or can turn into green slime, or are plant based, and there's Zyuranger where the Ranger who started of as a bad guy was green.

Part of it I think has to do with the fact that people on both sides of the pacific associate green with things like bugs, and plants which are common monster types, forests which getting lost in is something that scares people, and not to mention radiation, and things that glow in the dark.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote