View Single Post
Old 03/02/15, 08:26 PM   #10
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Power Ranger Origins: The Reign of the Morphing Masters

Chapter Nine: The Master Born

"...And then the Gold Warrior disappeared." Zordon said, ending his report. He looked over to Orion, who was still weak from the battle. Having used too much Morphing Energy too quickly, his body was taking the brunt of the abuse after the fact. He was in a wheelchair, an IV attached to his arm.

Tria looked at them both. Guilt twisted her insides. She knew that although she didn't technically break the law, its spirit was shattered. The Zeo Crystal was a fragment of the Grid, and she tapped it.

But I didn't tap the Grid directly. She justified to herselves.

Sentinel Knight stood up, moving to face the semicircle that faced the podium in the room the Morphing Masters generally convened in. "Power is a responsibility not to be taken lightly. Laws are in place to set a measure for people to know how they may live their lives, within a range that is safe. This 'Gold Warrior' has done that which we have forbidden: she tapped the Morphing Grid. I don't know how she did it. I did not, and do not, feel any fluctuations with the Grid, but all of her characteristics match a fighter who has tapped the Morphing Energy."

King Estro raised his hand. The knight gestured for him to speak. "How do you know she did this? How do you know the characteristics of someone who has tapped the Grid to don this power?"

Sentinel Knight looked down. "It was long ago when I saw someone do such a thing. It destroyed him. I cannot allow someone in our organization to do the same."

He looked at the masters. "It is not her place to change the range of power that has been set! It is too dangerous! This... Power Ranger is a vigilante. She must be apprehended and brought before us. We cannot let her be an example of anarchy. If she can do whatever she pleases, I promise everyone here it will be the end of the United Alliance as we know it."

Tria stood up impulsively at Sentinel's final remark. "I believe in times of war, we should up the stakes. As I traveled back here with the Zeo Crystal, I was tempted to use it to save Orion. I am glad someone wasn't a coward like I was, and did what was needed."

Sentinel Knight hung his head in disappointment. "Alright. We have a vote. Is this Power Ranger a vigilante?"

Zordon stood, no longer able to contain himself. "Master Sentinel has more experience than the rest of us! He has seen, firsthand, what this power can do. I urge you, as a citizen of the Alliance, to follow what is tried and true. My apologies, Master Tria, but the lives of Orion, Zedd, Rahp, and myself were not worth destroying the laws of our society. We must follow the established pattern, which has been tried and proven true."

Master Estro nodded slowly. Ivicar wore a smile on his face, proud of who he had picked to become a Master.

Master Gerlit raised his hand. "Let the voting commence. All in favor of the... Power Ranger... say 'aye'."

Tria, eyes locked on Zordon, fury emanating at the non-Master in the room, raised her hand boldly. I saved your life! How dare you-!?

Master Delphine stood. She did not wish to have impulse reign over the Morphing Masters for such an important decision. "This matter needs more thought. We need to meet with our respective committees and address this issue."

Master Kamen interjected at that. "No, we can't let this issue leave the council!"

Master Dimitria raised her hand. "Is it not already too late for that? Have not non-Masters such as Zedd and Zordon comprised the information already?" She had begun speaking in her "question mode", like all Inquirians did, in the presence of those with whom they were unfamiliar.

Master Ivicar stood to address the group. "I believe there is precedent for a recess. Think of this amongst yourselves and do not let the information leave these council walls. All in favor?" All raised their hands to this. Tria did so reluctantly, not wanting to have people start questioning her "enthusiasm" over the subject perhaps being connected to her involvement.

"But..." Ivicar continued. "We do have the matter of keeping our information 'in-house'. Zedd, we know, has proven time and again that he is trustworthy. As for Zordon... I say he passed his test. Sentinel?" He looked over to the presiding member.

Sentinel Knight paused, lost in thought. He then looked over to Zordon and said, "Master Zordon... please approach me to receive the white robe."

Magnus shot up and stormed out of the room. Once the members voted for Zordon's test, the final decision, to not be second guessed, fell upon Sentinel Knight. Master Kamen shook his head in disapproval. Animus got up and followed Magnus out of the room. Tria glared at Zordon.

As Zordon approached Sentinel Knight, ignoring the eyes of those who obviously did not agree with his being let into their ranks, Master Gosei stood up and shook the newcomer's hand, a big smile on his face. "Welcome to the council! I hope this will be the start of a powerful relationship."
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote