View Single Post
Old 12/20/14, 03:36 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Has this been discussed before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad rock View Post
I've been looking to see if it has before I write this. As a power ranger version of Gobusters has been skipped (I've no idea why. It was awesome!)
It was skipped because it had bad toy sales in Japan so Bandai didn't want to risk the same situation happening especially since it would have been a 2-year toy line. Also it didn't have as many gimmicks and it was a lot different compared to the usual Sentai season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
ah it's been discuss. Also as I stress so many times, folks need to refrain from acting like there's now a precedent for Sentai series getting skipped there isn't one. Not until we know what's after Dino Supercharge.
you're right there's no precedent for skipping a Sentai series, Saban may be able to do so but it's probably not just their own choice, it probably has to be a decision that is approved by them, Toei, Bandai of Japan and Bandai of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
But what if they run into a Sentai that's hard to work with?

Then you MAKE IT WORK. There has been plenty of times in the past where PR wanted to do something, the Sentai didn't give them it, but they still did it
Very true but if Saban doesn't give them a lot of money for the budget then it's not going to be that easy to do a lot of that stuff that you cited as examples.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote