View Single Post
Old 06/14/15, 12:16 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Don't remember the episode title for Space Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyisGod View Post
Yeah, I'd love to know exactly what makes the Turbo Rangers the "worst rangers in history."

Let's remember that they were incredibly inexperienced and had a mentor who was just as inexperienced as they were yet they managed to hold their own, survive the complete and utter destruction of their base to turn around and recklessly go into space without powers because they knew they had to try to do something to help Zordon (who they never even met.)

Some might call it stupid. Well, it sort of was. But it was also completely heroic. They had no safety net. They just went out there since they felt the personal responsibility to do so. From there they went on to traverse space with the hope of everyone on their shoulders. The rookies still managed to hold their own despite a leader who never appropriately got his head in the game. Yeah, they needed an act of God to save the day but they still were going up against six seasons' worth of villains without any of the "original" rangers' help.

Were they the best team ever? Nah. There were quite a few that were better. But the worst? No. Not even close. I stand by the theory that the people who consider the Turbo/Space Rangers to be the worst ever are mostly people who are still bitter about the fact that their nostalgic favorites all got replaced. They were old. They had been around for a long time. It was time for them to go. I loved Adam, Rocky, Katherine and Tanya too but they had their time. I would have liked to see them stick around until the end of Space as well but T.J., Ashley and Cassie were great replacements. It would have been a shame to never have them around.

Screw Carlos though. Adam should have stuck around. >_>
I agree with you there. The Turbo/Space team was far from the worst. I'd even say they were among the best. For me the sting of losing the old Rangers was gone by the end of Turbo.

Some people say that the Turbos didn't get enough individual focus in Space. But the thing is Turbo season 2 did a good job introducing them to us. Which made it easier for space to just focus on Andros and its overplot. Since viewers should already have known the Turbos by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyisGod View Post
Space was a good season but it wasn't great. Carlos was annoying. Andros was the worst Red Ranger of all time. Zhane was hit or miss. The finale is incredibly overrated. It's only about the sixth best season. It's good but nowhere near as great as it gets talked up to be.
don't see how C2D is overrated. It was one of a kind. It set the template for PR finalies that lasted for years ( "Journeys End"m and "Fate of Lightspeed" to name a few). It flat out did stuff that just wasnt done in PR at the time. Earth being invaded, the Rangers revealing there idenities, the UAE being defeated, and the death of Zordon. There was also the bueatiful scene that had Andros carry the dead Astronoma with tears in his eyes. No PR finalie has been able to top it without coming off as a imitation. C2D made me feel like I was watching a prime time drama. It would have been the perfect series finalie for Power Rangers. And was the end of the fan coined Zordon Era. It just had everything you could want in an episode. It was like a fan fic writers dream.

I think Andros is actually among the stronger Red Rangers we have had. Surely better then most of our recent entries. The only modern day Red that I would really rank with him is Wes. Andros was one of the stronger PR characters. He was one of the first to be multi demensional. He had real character flaws and a darker backstory. And this is coming from a TJ fan ( I hated that TJ was no longer leader in the beginning). I'm curious why you consider among the worst?

I think Space was a great season. Because it took a Sentai that really had nothing to do with Space and went totally in its own orginal direction. It presented PR as this Science Fiction show for children. And really had a tone to it that PR never had. It paid off five years of conflict ( even if it wasn't planned that way over the long haul). The Andros/Karone storyline was a first for PR at the time. The concept of the Rangers exploring space was fun. Episodes like "From Out of Nowhere" , "Astronoma Thinks Twice", and "Countdown To Destruction" are some of the best PR episodes out there. I think you could argue that it was the best season of all time. And if not certianly close to it. PR will never have the courage to be as original as Space ever again.

Carlos was pretty bland but I guess every Ranger team seems to have a character or two that ads very little. "Always A Chance" was a good focus episode for him though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote