View Single Post
Old 10/23/17, 12:46 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: The Adventures of Redbot Episode Discussion

So... the command center internet is still running off the school's network? Seems like an easy way to track down a blogger.

Posing as Mick's invention is a good idea.

Whoa wait. Did that guy just acknowledge robots as a normal thing? Or has he made deals with robots before and screwed them over? This is some neat world building, sentient robots and hoverboards, this is a world that accepts super science stuff exists enough to be brushed off as barely unusual.

"Famous?" Ok that was funny.

That is a fairly accurate method of book contracts. "I have requests" "Nope one and only offer" "....fine."

I kind of like the victor and monty story here, they aren't obnoxious and have been actually kind of funny about the whole thing. It'd make more sense if they had met or interacted with Redbot before though. Honestly, if they kept doing Victor and Monty stories that involve Redbot, it could be kind of fun.

The Redbot Batman 66 cutaway gag is awesome.

I like that the story is "A million little redbots". Though they weren't making it clear he was selling these as true stories, not a fictional blog. This is a good way to pull the fake ranger story, someone actually trying to profit of the Ranger association not just impress strangers. Redbot's kind of got a selfish streak to him, I like that his stories aren't exactly "robot learns to be human" but "robot just wants things like a human".

I was not expecting Chekov's Dog to be a thing.

Mick having the sense to get some gloves and save the day was a pretty good touch.

I really love the "Haha, meow" for some reason.

Mick leaving victor and monty frozen is pretty awesome.

This is a kind of flimsy plot, but it's a finely put together episode. It's like the editing and direction has improved enough to fix writing issues. The moral isn't as forced or choppy as it seemed like it was going to be, had it been an earlier episode I'm sure it would have been the rangers constantly saying "fibbing is bad" ignoring that its supposed to be a work of fiction. This is a weaker episode than the last few but still a fine episode on its own and 0kind of unintentionally world builds at the same time.

Everyone improved, even the little girl, its like there was some kind of actual concerted effort to improve on the first few episodes in post.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote