View Single Post
Old 09/28/09, 07:36 PM   #10
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Unhappy

Okay, fine. Point taken. Touche'. But then what? Is it a bad movie if a Shadow of the Colossus film strays from the source material. It would be I Am Legend set a sword and sorcery setting with no hope of success because Will Smith wouldn't be in it. Or is it a case of an unfilmable story? I have to admit that I've thought about a Shadow of the Colossus movie before and decided that it should just be left as is (a game!).

Like I posted previously, the idea of having a big deserted land scape wouldn't work for a film, because the audience wouldn't be directly involved. I suppose they could try and make up for this in some area, and they do have the game Ico to fall back on in the case of an expanded universe. Other than that it seems to me Shadow of the Colossus is a bit of a risk. Remember, I walked into this thread expecting it to underperform (if it's even released theatrically).

If you were trying to come up with something original you would just have to take a previously presented concept in a new direction. If it were to be truly original, well I have no idea. :(

Oh, and by the way, I forgot to say welcome to the board.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote