View Single Post
Old 10/30/17, 07:39 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Whatever happened to Lahana Forums?

I felt I had no choice to shut the board down, at least in is current forum. Emma wanted it shut down and wasn't involved anymore. I can't blame her for being turned off by the craziness and comments on her relationship. The relationship with Emma was already done when I took over! I just wasn't told.

MR Aftershock was the creator and I started out as his host. I did own the domain but wasn't part of this staff until he stepped down. Lahana Forum never had great leadership. I made the mistake of trying to run a loose board when I took over. But that was not a good idea for an official forum. It needed tight moderation. Also I later found out the actress was done with the forum, so it was doomed anyway.

Another big regret I have is after this point. I closed down and merged the posts/memberships into PRO down the line. But most of the members didn't stick around. The change was too dramatic. I should have re-branded the board into PRO or some other name. If anything merge the other version of PRO into the re-branded LF instead of the reverse. LF was the bigger community at that point and might have been able to continue on as a pr forum.

Running as an official Emma Lahana forum didn't seem proper in any case. But that was a long time ago and people have moved on. Archives from Lahana Forums are available on the board.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote