View Single Post
Old 10/23/17, 12:49 PM   #6
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321
Default Re: The Adventures of Redbot Episode Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBlue View Post
Oh, Redbot... I should watch that Tensou episode of SuperM, just to see which is the worse offender of "episode of Rangers with barely any Rangers." People see Redbot walking around, and NOBODY is surprised? Not Victor and Monty? Not Dan Willoughby, the shady book producer? Not 90% of the school's population? I just... I don't know how we can go from the wonderful election episode last weekend to this. I understand a need for filler, but, come on, there are plenty of other ways to do it, Ninja Steel. I wouldn't have minded a clip show - heck, based on the spoiler summaries, I *expected* a clip show - and the whole controversy about the book being released spilling the beans on the Rangers' dealings in and around the high school, so they have to stop it from coming out in order to cover their own behinds. Wouldn't that have made for a better episode?

The whole "train tracks" thing seemed like a veiled way to let us know why they didn't adapt TQG. See, kids? Trains are dangerous! (Sidebar: Was Mary walking in the middle of the road when she crossed the tracks?)

Also, "oh, I left Victor and Monty frozen" is such a dick move, Mick. Was that to make up from Levi stealing your thunder and mentoring more than you got to today?

With three episodes left until the season finale, things should start ramping up soon, right? Please don't let Galvanax decide to throw everything at the Rangers at the last minute. I know we're all about quick resolutions, Ninja Steel, but finale pacing needs to be, well, paced.
MegaBlue is offline Report Post
Well that's the fun part of world building it actually accomplished with a poor line but a crucial one. Some random kid says "hey Mick has a robot, cool." and that alone creates the frame of reference that this kind of robot isn't that unusual to see if random teenagers think its normal. This is the PRU, robots and hoverboards aren't exactly unusual things apparently. We shouldn't assume something like Redbot would stand out the way it does in our world because this world has had these things before.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote