View Single Post
Old 11/18/14, 11:37 AM   #2
PRdude
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Thoughts on VR Troopers

First I thought it was kind of "eh". Then again, I was just more committed to PR. I'd still watch occasionally, but I think I think I started watching a bit more regularly when the first season ended for the season and just started doing reruns. Things got interesting with the five-part "Quest for Power", where Ryan finally rescued his father. That was the only time I ever bothered to record episodes while I was in school. After that, I'd just watch whenever I could. Ever since the start of season 1 reruns, it started airing in the morning. So I'd just watch if I were sick, had a day off, or on snow days.

I decided to buy the tapes in 2004, but then I was able to see the rest of the episodes on YouTube in 2006. It's too bad that the material was so old that they couldn't film much of their own fight scenes with the monsters. I never even noticed it when I'd watch on TV, or even how Ryan usually fought somewhere else away from J.B. and Kaitlin.

Now that I've seen all the episodes, it's disappointing that it didn't get to have a proper ending. Especially with the Troopers not knowing Grimlord's true identity, and how they even came so lose to finding out. I still remember it being said that B-Fighter would be used for a third season if it ever happened, and that would have made things a lot better.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote