Thread: Goldar change
View Single Post
Old 08/04/17, 10:51 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Goldar change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamir View Post
Why later in mighty morphin power rangers goldar face and voice change ?? I missed his original face and voice thx shamir
I've attached 2 images of Goldar they're not the best shots of him but this was just to illustrate a point.

The first picture (Goldar - US footage.jpg) is his Zyuranger suit and his face wasn't made for talking since it was something that his Zyuranger counterpart really didn't do much of.

The second picture (Goldar with the Crystal) is the first instance of the new Goldar design this was done because Saban's production crew had no choice in the matter. Toei's costume creators didn't originally do a good job with creating their villain suits so sadly they deteriorated a lot quicker back then than they do now so because of which Saban's crew just made a new Goldar suit and as of the 2nd season since Goldar's Sentai footage was limited they just opted to continue on with the new suit and head as the new go-to suit BUT we first saw this new design in "Crystal of Nightmares" since aside from flashbacks and stock footage most Goldar scenes had him in new footage in Season 2 whereas he had very limited original footage in Season 1 in fact after "Crystal of Nightmares" I think the rest of his Season 1 appearances were either stock Japanese shots or stock original footage shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goldar - US footage.jpg (42.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Goldar with the Crystal.jpg (50.7 KB, 1 views)
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote