View Single Post
Old 02/15/18, 10:29 AM   #20
Cosmic Ranger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Once A Rangers Staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Their mistake was NOT extending the season to at least 38 episodes, since it was the 15th season of the franchise and it needed some special anniversary treatment outside "Once a Ranger".. OO's main problem was too many evil characters for a season that was obviously too short to take in their background stories AND ongoing storylines AND incorporate them into OO's main storyline and the PR universe. Plus 3 of the villains were connected to the 6th Ranger (can't remember the name right now). The writers and the producers didn't have any time or space for really developing the season's plot and storyline. The Ranger characters were fine, but since they did have 6 villains spread out in 4 different villain fractions in the season (Flourious, Moltor, Kamdor/Miratrix, Fearcats), even the main characters didn't have a chance to truly shine and the cast didn't get the opportunity to really get the viewers to even care about what happens with the Rangers.
Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, Mystic Force, Jungle Fury and RPM might not be someone's preference, but they all succeeded where Operation Overdrive has failed, even in the season's theme song area.
Good point . They tried to spread themselves too thin and didn't give themselves enough time to tell their stories.

I think you meant the Fearcats. And I agree the story between them and Tzyonn was underdeveloped. Tyzonn himself was all over the place.

I think the team up would have been better if they ditched the OO powers angst and had the teams work together. That way they could have given them equal focus.
Cosmic Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote