View Single Post
Old 11/15/14, 07:18 PM   #4
SmallLadySerenity
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

I...um....thought it was okay?

*sighs*

I have to agree here. This Act was rather....unimpressive, to me. I had a box of tissues ready to go, and I was fully and completely expecting this big, emotional, incredibly tragic backstory to utterly wreck me and rip my heart out of my chest.

I was anticipating my reaction to be similar to how I reacted to Act 9, but worse: Act 9 had me in tears the entire episode. I was fully expecting to have my heart torn out of my body and stomped on.

That didn't happen. All I got was this....in 5 minutes:

Queen Serenity: "Hey guys, I love and miss you all, kissy kissy!! But I'm kinda dead now, but my spirit was uploaded to our computer system, and here's what happened: you fell in love, our kingdom was destroyed, Earth was destroyed, Endymion died, and oh yeah, by the way, you committed suicide. LOL. Toodles!"

Suffice it to say, with how incredibly quickly it was brushed over, it sort of left my mouth hanging open in shock.

This was supposed to be my incredibly, super-tragic backstory, dammit. That ONE little scene of Princess Serenity squeeing "Oh, you guys! Stop!" and giggling with them was not my idea of tragic or heart-wrenching.

I needed a hell of a lot more then: "Hey, y'all, here's what happened, and oh yeah, you committed suicide. LOL."

I'm a little pissed off because they made it a hell of a lot more basic then it should have been. Not glossed over like that. That's seriously all I can think about, is Queen Serenity, going: "LOL".

Meeting her mother was supposed to have been emotional, dammit.

I know they followed the manga pretty well exactly, except for the bit where they added in the 4 Generals/Soldier pairings, which was sweet, but it wasn't my tragic, gut-wrenching backstory.

In the manga, it was pretty well implied that Sailor Moon/Serenity was remembering her final days exactly, just as Queen Serenity was telling the story. We were supposed to go into her memories and see exactly what happened, in full, glorious, bloody detail.

I was expecting a few scenes from the Moon Pride video.

I'm really, really, really disappointed about the backstory. Like soul-crushingly disappointed.

I still enjoyed the episode and still liked it, but I was ready to cry and wail and sob. I WANTED to cry and wail and sob and I didn't get anywhere near that.

A decent episode, but nowhere near as amazing as it could have been.

*sighs* It is what it is, I suppose.

And for the record, I too, had hoped to see the "Rabbit on the Moon" joke Makoto made.

*sighs again*

Meh.