View Single Post
Old 04/27/06, 11:45 AM   #15
ShadowJoker
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Arguing about Magiranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
Harry Potter is Magiranger on crack.

I don't get it. LOTS of shows use magic as a premise. EVERYTHING can't "rip-off" Harry Potter. I, for one, was waiting for the year that Sentai/Power Rangers did a magic-based season. It just seemed like a logical thing to do eventually. That doesn't necessarily mean it was ripped off from everything.

You think Magi ripped off HP? Fine, then that means Harry Potter ripped off legends about magicians and wizards and magic, etc. I'll bet the next magic-based show/movie/whatever will be claimed to be a rip-off of Harry Potter, too, just because it's soo big. Face it, HP wasn't a completely original idea, nothing is. Everything is based off of something else.

The end.
I don't anyone is saying Harry Potter created the whole Magical theme of wizards and witches, I think it's more that Harry Potter made it more popular. And because it popularized theme and the franchise itself is popular when something else comes out in the same vein people just naturally compare it.

Just like Halo, Halo wasn't the first first-person-shooter to come out but it made that genre a helluva lot popular and because the game was good people usually use that to compare other first person shooters. That's just the way it is, especially in entertainment. When something good comes out and because popular other companies try to jump on the bandwagon to garner that attention and make some money of the craze. I can easily go on with the exaples.

Now I still stand by my word that Magiranger was INFLUNCED by the Harry Potter CRAZE but I'm not saying that it ripped-off the HP movies cuz If that was the case the Magiranger would be about 3 alchemy students in a Acedemy of Magic and Magired would be a boy with glasses and lightning bolt on his forehead...etc.

For those of you out there, there is a difference between ripping off and inspiration
ShadowJoker is offline   Reply With Quote