View Single Post
Old 09/07/09, 12:49 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I agree with you guys. Diffinitly one of the best episodes so far, if not the best. The plot just keeps getting more interesting as they go along.

Kit Venting Smash was very well done. It made you feel sorry for the two brothers. Even though they we're the bad guys. I love how the actors didn't have to say a lot of words to convey this afterwards.

Len just has to look at Kit to know what has happened. And When Maya finds out that Kit vented Smash she doesn't really say anything but put her hand on his shoulder. Kit obviously was the same way in expressing his remorse/guilt. It was great to see that kind of writing/acting. As you don't have to spell everything out with diolouge in a visual medium.

The earlier scene with Xaviax talking to Frank was interesting. It seems to indicate that Xaviax is trying to manipulate Kit somehow. We just don't know how yet. I liked his verbal beatdown of the Chos. Just a good proformance by O'leary.

I loved how Maya finally learned that James was using her. The reactions between James, Kit, and Maya we're great. James motivation makes perfect sense and fits his character.

It seems kind of far fetched that Lacy would so easily betray Maya. But she was probably confused and easy prey for Mechille. Plus it gives the character more purpose. She better bring a lot more coffee next time, when Maya learns the truth.

The action in this episode was well done. Nice to see them continue to do there own thing. Kit taking on three Riders and venting one was baddass. I think that makes people feel better from Kit getting his butt whipped last time. The previous episode set this up perfectly.

Having Siren debut at the end was a nice bonus. She really seems like a bad ass. Maybe even more so then Len. It was a nice way to get you to want to see the next episode.

Its a shame DK is so underhyped and not on a particularly strong Network. This show deserves so much more attention then it is getting. Its a shame so many people gave up on it so early in our own very fandom. They really should consider givening it a second chance. Its not Power Rangers, but its something great in its own right. And really they never tried to be Power Rangers. Nor did they want to be. This is a good American Tokusatu. Probably the best ever outside of Power Rangers. I know we have more episodes to go to decide on that.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote