View Single Post
Old 10/30/14, 05:56 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Could Zordon still be alive somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlima View Post
I never got how died, wasn't he never really there to begin with ?
Until Space, I Always was under the impression he was just kinda tuned into like a UHF TV Channel, with him being lost in time or whatever.

How could he die if wasn't really there in the first place ?
Also if he was once lost in time,could he been in the future before he died ?
That's because only the tubes in the Command Center and Power Chamber were communication channels, he was never always seen like that. During Space his essence was actually inside an energy tube and it wasn't a communication channel which is why he could be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
At the start of MMPR Zordon WAS indeed trapped in a pocket dimension, trapped there by... I forgot if it was Zedd or not...

But at some point in the serie he got freed but still remained in the tube since he is basically a sort of energy being. He left to go to Eltar halfway through the first part of Turbo.

So yes he was there in the tube, hence why Andross could kill him.
That's correct he was trapped in time warp but it was done by Rita. Lerigot was the one that freed him from the time warp at the start of Turbo.

Quote:
It's possible zordon could be revived ?
Unlikely since he has no body and his essence scattered throughout the universe as an energy wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark - 2222 View Post
Do we want him to come back? He went out saving the entire universe. Bring him back and he'll die 20 years later slipping in the shower, or some other embarrassing scenario.
I'm sure a lot of people would like him back but it wouldn't really be a good idea in my opinion because of his sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-Fiend View Post
Even if he was intended to return or not be dead in 1998 I don't think they're are any plans to bring him back now, or at any point in the future based on the idea that they've pretty much replaced him. So yeah, he's effectively a goner.
I agree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90210Girl View Post
With all these threads popping up and the many Tommy appearances, why not? Zordon is awesome, Dimitria too. For real though, we have many Alphas so why not Zordon backup tubes?

Just as long as he doesn't turn into a future ranger then mysteriously vanishes either.
Doesn't matter whether Zordon is great or not but I disagree with you on Dimitria being great since she's not even remotely a decent character but you can't compare 2 living beings to Alpha since Alpha 4, 5, 6 and 7 were all robots.
Zordon having so many backup tubes doesn't mean anything since he after Turbo he was freed from his time warp, the whole point of him having the tubes in the Command Center and the Power Chamber was because he needed them as a communication channel to communicate with Alpha and the Rangers with.

Quote:
If nicholas bell reprising he's role as zordon again ?
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Nick had nothing to do with Zordon except for being the whole head and face in the first movie only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Zordon's body was destroyed in the explosion that trapped him in the timewarp. But his life forc lived on, making him a being of pure energy. The Command Center allowed him to communicate through his tube.

Once Lerigot sent him free he was no longer stuck in the timewarp. But he was still a being of energy without a body. He persumably still used tubes to protect his essense. When Andros shattered his tube it allowed him to use his power to cleanse the UAE from the universe.

I dont know if there is a way to bring Zordon back. I always thought it would be interesting if someone brought Zordon back by reversing the Z Wave. But as a consequense the members of the UAE would be restored as well. Otherwise I dont think Zordon should be brought back. It would cheapen his sacrifice.
You're right but I don't believe he was using tubes to protect his essence after Lerigot freed him. He didn't appear inside a tube when he returned for the power transfer ceremony.

I think it would cheapen Zordon's sacrifice even if someone found a way to reverse the effects of the Z-wave.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote