View Single Post
Old 05/02/15, 12:19 PM   #9
rmssw
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Release date for Power Rangers Movie delayed

Kung Fu Panda is a franchise that can afford to take risks. Besides, animated kids movies are usually a safe bet anyway. I can't see Lionsgate wanting to go anywhere near Furious 8. With 7's ridiculous success, I can't imagine Power Rangers standing a chance. Plus, another delay would be really bad press, even if a March or April release is more desirable. At this point, unless they can move the movie UP, I think they should stay put and take their chances in January. As for the short film's influence, I've said since it came out that Lionsgate would be stupid to ignore the overwhelmingly positive response. Obviously, there is a market for it. They would never make the movie THAT extreme, but they can't go too far away from that either.

The tweet from the PR Twitter yesterday had me wondering what exactly the "BIG PLANS" are and if maybe they had something to do with the delay. Like, perhaps Israelite has plans regarding the entire franchise they hope to build and the delay has to do with scheduling for a sequel if they get to make one. Lionsgate likes yearly installments for their franchises. The new release date could open up January for sequels without worrying about the overcrowding at the theaters July would have presented. Wishful thinking, maybe, but I'm looking for silver linings.
rmssw is offline   Reply With Quote