View Single Post
Old 02/22/14, 09:12 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

So finally (pardon the pun) here's my final thoughts.

I'll start by saying that as VR Troopers fan myself I'm not too big into the whole idea that the show is better than PR because it's "Darker" and " Edgier" since that's only half the show.

I'm usually not a fan of stereotypical evil businessman types, and it's especially weird since one of the richest guys around made this but at the same time I can see why they other people might see this as more "realistic"

I'm not to sure about the Virtual Reality motif since aside the visors, and some of the effects this could easily just about technology in general.

I'll admit I do like the whole theme of technology like how the Troopers, and the Professor represent technology being used to for peace, and fixing the world, and Ziktor represents it being used for war, and pollution, and all that bad stuff.

I guess I should talk about Ryan's epic daddy issues but I don't don't know like I said all the good jokes have been done, and despite or perhaps because I've seen so many Anime, and Tokusatsu shows that I'm pretty much just as used to missing/dead family issues as I am with monsters, and robots.

I like how the Troopers have jobs, and goals like all of them working at the dojo, Ryan wanting to be part owner, JB being a computer genius, Kaitlin being a reporter.

I like how the heroes turn into robots, and have armor, and the vehicles, and how you can see what they see.

I also like the comic relief side characters

I like the monsters, and how they look like how I imagine robots, and mutants would look like though I wish they weren't so many at a time though that's more with Metalder then VR Troopers.

The only real combo breaker for me is the stuff with the old building in part 1, and Ziktor talking about land.

On one hand it's only three minutes but that's three minutes that could have been spent on anything else.

Like having Tyler's message make more sense, having that deleted Skug fight that part 1 was supposed to have, and maybe even having an actual Battle Grid scene to introduce the suits, or just use the unused fight scene footage that was in the episodes they adapted.

Which reminds me, and I'm probably going to point this out a bunch of times for a show that uses two later three Japanese superhero shows and ended because of a lack of footage there's either a whole fight scene they don't use or they use it but not all of it.

Especially since there was a whole fight scene from the episode of Metalder they used in Part 1, and in the Spielban fight they used had Spielban use the Gaios tank.

Other than that it's a good premiere.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote