View Single Post
Old 02/19/14, 12:50 AM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

We then go back to Tao dojo where Ryan is putting up the trophy he, and JB won from the tournament earlier, and straightening up around the dojo while JB is trying to update the dojo books on the computer, and Kaitlin is playing with Jeb.

Just then the computer starts acting weird, and Ryan, and his friends try to see what's going on, and the image of a middle aged black guy shows up on the screen. The man says he's Professor Horatio Hart, and that he has a message from Ryan's father.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries Ziktor's secretaries inform him of it, and he has them leave while he puts his hand on his crystal ball, and goes "Forces of darkness empower me. Take me back to my virtual reality", and transforms into Grimlord, and goes to his virtual dungeon to see his army of mutant robots.

Now I would like to make that one joke where you pretend to confuse the Japanese names with the American ones like if I was talking about Power Rangers I would joke "The astronauts open the space dumpster, and accidentally release Band-er I mean Rita Repulsa" but honestly I would be here all day if I did that, and we've just seen the Metalder monsters.

Instead I'll just compare and contrast what I like and what I don't like about the villains of VR Troopers with regards to the ones on Power Rangers.

For starters I like how they look since they look like how I imagine robots, and mutants would look like if they were real, and I like how they are an actual army as opposed to just a few characters.

And I like General Ivar if I wasn't such a wimp about needles I would get General Ivar as a Tattoo on my back I think he's that cool.

On the other hand there's just so many of them, and it's always the same amount no matter who gets blown up so it's hard to care sometimes who's supposed to be a main minion and who's just an MOTD.

Especially since it still comes across like Grimlord's the Zedd/Rita, Ivar, Decimator, and maybe Zelton, Dark Heart, and Blue Boar are the Goldars, Icebot is the Finster, and Toxoid, Air Striker, Fighterbot, and maybe the tankbots are the Squats, and Baboos.

Anyway Grimlord calls up General Ivar, to make sure that the final assault on reality is under way, and to stop Ryan, and his friends from going to Professor Hart's lab

We then see Ryan, and his friends in Kaitlin's car driving to the lab while Ryan explains that Professor Hart worked with his dad, they were both close to a major scientific breakthrough when his father disappeared.

Just then two of Grimlord's mutants Air Striker, and Fighterbot appear, and on Grimlord's orders start trying to blow up Kaitlin's car with enough missiles, and lasers to turn mount Everest into a gravel pit, and still end up missing it.

And yet our heroes are still smart enough to get out soon as they get the woods to escape to the bridge but Grimlord is also smart enough to have Fighterbot destroy the bridge before they can reach it.

Last edited by Zabitan; 04/11/14 at 04:23 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote