View Single Post
Old 04/05/08, 09:19 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Wait, so Jack would've been a big blue dog?

Honestly, I'm long over Power Rangers having one big continuous storyline. It defined one generation of children when Space came to an end, and the rest was for future kids to enjoy as they came up. If every single event still linked back to decade-old characters at this point, it'd be beyond boring.

Now, I'm not for slaving to Super Sentai's storyline either, which is exactly why I loved what Dino Thunder did. Their plotline made a hell of a lot more sense than Abaranger's, so it was refreshing to see. When the throwback references were made, they were sensical, not just for fanwank. And most importantly, the DT characters grew tremendously in their year on the air. If they were on any longer, their characters would start to regress, like how Kat turned teenager and starved herself for the ballet.

I think Space served as the perfect turning point, Andros showing the audience that not all Power Rangers have to come by way of Zordon. The past ten seasons have simply been a showcase of that theory.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote