View Single Post
Old 12/07/11, 01:01 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Is the Nick deal a transition deal by Saban

Well there are 2 sides to this.

Saban's deal with Nick could just be a temporary one so that by the time it runs out, he'll be able to come up with a better option with a channel that actually promotes pretty good but unfortunately there's that issue of not many channels being good at promoting stuff. Nickelodeon seems to only care about their big shows - SpongeBob, iCarly and Victorious and to another extent Big Time Rush and Supah Ninjas but otherwise it doesn't seem like Nick even cares at all.

The other point is that Saban could be sticking with Nickelodeon for the long haul. I mean other than Nickelodeon, who would even want Power Rangers? The Hub and Cartoon Network might want it but Cartoon Network doesn't have a very good track record with some shows. The Hub is usually pretty good with promoting stuff but it has the downside of it being nothing more than a channel that not many people can get since it's usually added as a digital cable package to some cable companies.

I can definitely see Saban eventually building his own channel but in order for it to be successful, it would have to be a cable channel. Not many shows can survive if they're only aired on digital cable channels only. I believe Degrassi is 1 of the few shows that actually manages to survive despite it only airing on TeenNick.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote