View Single Post
Old 01/06/15, 01:21 PM   #21
XDestinyX
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Update on MMPR Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Thuy and Trini aren't the same person.
This is an interesting subject. MMPRs1 was pretty unique in that it didn't go down the typical route's of completely fictional characters or cameos; the characters seemingly were based off the actors themselves to some unquantifiable degree.

I have read comment's that the MMPRs1 characters were sometimes twisted simply to fit a plot and also that the actors were told to just be themselves.

I personally don't think Trini should be recast; I believe one has to make a call on how much a character was defined by the actor playing them and in Trini's case, I believe Ms Trang defined Trini.

It is open to debate though, as to whether that means we should never see or hear of Trini again, whether we should hear of her but not see her again (outside of things like Dino Thunders Legacy of Power), or whether she should be killed on or off screen and how far into it the aftermath the show goes. The point of this last paragraph is meant to indicate that I'm not yet opposed or in favour of the earlier mentioned comment about the show officially killing the character.
XDestinyX is offline   Reply With Quote