View Single Post
Old 11/12/17, 11:43 AM   #75
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Did Diabolico really turn good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
yea that she could be annoying but like you said she wasn't evil. We'll never know Kimberly's true fate since AJJ will never appear on the show for the same reasons as Walter Jones and Erin Cahill and yes if she had appeared on the show at this point in time she wouldn't be appearing as a villain to begin with.
That wouldn't have been a bad idea with Amy playing the movie Rita since I thought her Rita impression that was done in-show was awesome and to point but they weren't going to give any actors who had big screen roles on the show a big role for the movie.
Its not unprecedented in reboots to recast actors from the originals in minor or major roles. AJJ as Neo Rita could have been possible. I doubt she would have been told to emulate her Rita impression in season 2

I do think the movie crew avoided using old characters in major roles , as they just used JDF and AJJ in those blink if you miss cameos. I also think they wanted to cast a more proven star in the role. Elizabeth Banks had success in Hunger Games. Cranston was cast due to his success in Breaking Bad. The fact he did VA work in the series years before was just a happy coincidence.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote