View Single Post
Old 01/23/15, 07:11 PM   #32
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts

Honestly this episode was okay not better than the last few episodes but not really all the worse either.

I liked the designs and weapons of the Swordbot brothers especially how they seemed to evoke the whole Red Oni Blue Oni schtick.

I did like how they tied the whole idea of two brothers having to learn to get along with the idea that the monsters are feuding brothers as well, and while Ryan’s students learn their lesson the monsters don’t, and that’s how Ryan beats them

My only complaints were the part with JB’s vortex command not working since it didn’t really add to anything, and the bit about Skugs stealing the city’s power for the same reason.

The only thing I can think that didn’t use from the Metalder episode is the part where the Japanese versions of the Swordbot brothers practice on various other monsters, and it seemed like they shortened the fight they did use.

I used to think it was because they keep trying to shoehorn in a Metalder fight, and a Spielban fight in the same episode along with Battle Grid segments but a lot of these episodes have no Battle Grid segments, and use only one Metal Hero show, and they still do it.

Then again I also wish the monsters Slice, and Dice practiced on in the Metalder episode got to be MOTDs themselves since there’s like two or three more episodes with these guys.
And with that I am officially 1/5 of the way done with the first season, and 1/9 done with the show overall.

Here’s hoping that it doesn’t take me as long to finish the rest of the show.
Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote