View Single Post
Old 12/11/14, 08:23 PM   #8
rmssw
Putty Patroller

Default Re: New MMPR TV Pilot?

Lets assume for a moment that the press release is 100% accurate. It still leaves so many questions with answers that don't make sense.

Why the hell would Disney be involved? They had no interest in the show when THEY owned it. Even if it was just for distribution like the deal with Nick, none of their channels would have any place for an adult Power Rangers. And speaking of Nick, I can't imagine their deal with Saban doesn't include some kind of exclusivity clause giving Nickelodeon the right to be the ONLY network that airs PR property.

Why would Saban make a show geared toward older fans when that's essentially the point of the movie currently starting production? They're competing with themselves. Never mind the fact that any negative reaction this project receives would only mar the public perception of the movie.

Even ignoring the Disney aspect, it's hard to imagine any network wanting to touch this. It's way too risky.

It's easy to pass this off as fake. Those pictures from Sackhoff are hard to ignore though. It would be way too coincidental. Hopefully if this is SOMETHING, more info will come soon.

It would be interesting if they intend this to be some kind of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.-style companion series to the movie universe. I really can't see Saban Brands being that ambitious though. Nor, again, can I see any network wanting to touch this thing.
rmssw is offline   Reply With Quote