Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Should they do evil Green Ranger Movie next Movie Spoilers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7820)

Green With Envy 03/27/17 03:31 PM

Should they do evil Green Ranger Movie next Movie Spoilers

Do you guys think they won't have Tommy start off evil? Since Rita was already a Evil Green Ranger?

Captain Codfish 03/27/17 03:34 PM

Re: Should they do evil Green Ranger Movie next Movie Spoilers

I think we will get something closer to Eric at first..A flawed Ranger on his own rather than a fully Evil Ranger.

Titanium Black 03/27/17 03:38 PM

Its interesting how Rita was able to still connect to the Morphing Grid despite no longer being worthy. It raises the question of whether she was truly a Ranger during the movie.

Knights of Ren 03/27/17 03:40 PM

I assume that there is some dark way of connecting to the grid that is tempting for Rangers to use. Similar how the dark side tempts Jedi's in Star Wars

MattEmily 03/27/17 09:45 PM

I don't know how the grid works in the movie but in the show the villains rely on the grid just as the Rangers do. Lord Zedd once mentioned that the grid was maintained due to the constant struggle between him and Zordon but I don't think it was just them that maintained it I think it's more of the struggle between good and evil that maintains it.

Captain Mutiny 03/28/17 12:15 AM

I think the movie grid works similar to that. Even if it wasn't explicitly explained.

No Green Spandex 03/28/17 12:17 AM

I would prefer if they did something more original. I have accepted the fact Tommy will once again be part of the franchise. Hopefully the new Tommy doesn't overstay his welcome like the old.

Todd Oliver 03/28/17 12:20 AM

This seems like the next logical progression.

Darkseid 03/28/17 07:59 PM

I think they should have Tommy be a rebel that doesn't quite fit in. Maybe there is even a fear that he will go bad fully before he joins the team.

KimandTommy 03/28/17 08:12 PM

They would be foolish not to follow the Green Ranger storyline closely..Too bad they already ruined the new Kimberly.

Forever Jason 03/29/17 07:36 PM

I think there is no doubt that they will head in that direction next. The midcredits scene almost confirms is.

A Gia To Remember 04/02/17 12:13 AM

Maybe Tommy will start off as a good guy from the beginning this time.

Green Alien Ranger 04/04/17 07:59 PM

The Green Ranger is the way to go. You can't wait to use him or her. Especially since the movie didn't dominate the box office.

Green Goblin 04/04/17 08:01 PM

The Green Ranger will no doubt save this franchise.

Ninja Storm Fan 04/04/17 08:31 PM

Only if its Cam as Green Samurai Ranger. Thats the only Green Ranger people care about now anyway.

Bandora's Ghost 04/08/17 10:28 PM

It would be better to have Tommy to think the Rangers as as big of threat as Rita. He should be on his own side at first.

Hailey Ziktor 04/22/17 09:43 PM

I think they will have to do something with this.

Goldar's Revenge 04/23/17 11:32 AM

That seems to be where they are going. If this gets a sequel by some miracle.

Inner Senshi 04/24/17 09:07 PM

I think Tommy would join the team by the end of the proposed sequel.

Hexagon Ranger 04/24/17 09:10 PM

They will. Tommy will be important and set up Hexagon if the movies go far enough.

Call Titanus 04/24/17 09:25 PM

I think the sequel will be like "Green With Evil" but with a bigger budget.

DanKnight1221 05/12/17 10:53 PM

Given the movie didn't do as well as they were clearly wanting it to wouldn't be surprised if they don't make a sequel.

But if they do they 100% need to have it be about Tommy, especially after the closing credits scene. I would guess a loose adaption of Green With Evil although with Zedd being the one to control Tommy initially.

Truth is while calling the movie a failure is a bit much there is no way without a much more successful sequel they will actually make good on their six movie plan. Introducing the most popular Ranger character, at least to the average person and casual fans, is the only realistic way to do that.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 05/12/17 11:23 PM

If there is a sequel they should forget about the six year plan and focus on making a kickass sequel. If its successful than you worry about more sequels.

DanKnight1221 05/13/17 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 66095)
If there is a sequel they should forget about the six year plan and focus on making a kickass sequel. If its successful than you worry about more sequels.

I agree, I get Lionsgate felt it was their chance at their own cinematic universe. But while the movie was good I think it is clear they over estimated how hard it was going to be for most to get past a show with a reputation of being a kids show with silly monsters and low budget effects, to take an attempt to do a grounded big budget more mature reboot.

Yeah, I think it worked but people had to watch it first to see it worked. Most heard the name, I think they assumed it was a silly kids show. I think Power Rangers reputation worked against them.

Polly Want A Megazord 05/13/17 06:16 PM

I hope they stick close to "Green With Evil". But also keep things fun. The first movie was too serious at times.

PRangerX 05/13/17 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKnight1221 (Post 66102)
I agree, I get Lionsgate felt it was their chance at their own cinematic universe. But while the movie was good I think it is clear they over estimated how hard it was going to be for most to get past a show with a reputation of being a kids show with silly monsters and low budget effects, to take an attempt to do a grounded big budget more mature reboot.

Yeah, I think it worked but people had to watch it first to see it worked. Most heard the name, I think they assumed it was a silly kids show. I think Power Rangers reputation worked against them.

That seems to have been there goal. Looks like they are going to have to pump the breaks on that idea for now. If we even get a sequel.

It seems silly since we have seen kids franchises get big screen reboots for general audiences before. Transformers being the most successful. Also superheroes were once thought to be for kids. But the stigma seems to have hurt the movie's ability to connect with teens and adults.

I do think they needed to do a better job with the movie promotion. After the first teaser trailer, there wasn't enough to promote that this was a Power Rangers for a general audience. I do think it would have been hard to overcome the whole stigma. Since it seems so strong for whatever reason.

If nothing else, perhaps the existence of this movie will at least help to show that Power Rangers can be treated like a general superhero franchise. Even if it wasn't a big hit this time.

Inner Senshi 05/13/17 06:28 PM

Maybe thats the problem. They need to target the kids and make a movie friendly to them. Just like they do with the show.

Hailey Ziktor 05/13/17 06:29 PM

I hope people are more open to the idea of a Power Rangers movie if we are lucky enough for a sequel..Tommy should be a good hook.

Shadowhawk 05/14/17 09:23 AM

Outside of some publicity stunt like the Voltron team up idea, this is the way to go.

Silverhawk 05/14/17 09:28 AM

Honestly I really feel like we need at least another film with the core cast before we introduce another important character like Tommy.

Zeo Mega 05/17/17 11:11 PM

They should jawve the Green Ranger have his own side story in the movie that sets him up whole the main storyline is going on. Than have him be the main villain in the third one.

Gosei Gold 05/28/17 10:52 AM

The post Credits Scene makes it very likely the Green Ranger will be introduced in any potential sequel.

Green With Envy 05/28/17 10:54 AM

Now that I thibk about it. Its probably I important for the new movie to be from Tommy's point of view. So it could be an entry point for new viewers who didn't see the first one. That way you can reintroduce the franchise without doing a tired reboot.

Eradicator 05/29/17 12:14 PM

Tommy will probably start out bad but he will have more of an motivation and not be 100 percent evil.