Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   DT better with Edward Payne? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8654)

Sentai Is Forever 03/10/18 12:33 PM

Re: DT better with Edward Payne?

Only if Edward Payne was modeled off of AbaBlack. If he wasn't from the Dino Demension ir would have been a waste anyway. I wasn't a fan of American Burai coming back. Since he is such a symbol of when American Sentai was at its worst.

Lightspeed Carter 03/10/18 07:27 PM

Eh I am glad they didn 't include dino earth or not the Evorian. It all looked so goofy.

Jen's Revenge 03/10/18 08:28 PM

I agree, DT was much more interesting with Tommy instead of Payne.

MattEmily 03/10/18 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 75404)
Only if Edward Payne was modeled off of AbaBlack. If he wasn't from the Dino Demension ir would have been a waste anyway. I wasn't a fan of American Burai coming back. Since he is such a symbol of when American Sentai was at its worst.

definitely not in fact the only thing that is at its worst is you and your other Sentai Snobs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Carter (Post 75421)
Eh I am glad they didn 't include dino earth or not the Evorian. It all looked so goofy.

I would have to agree on that.

Smarty Pants Rose 03/11/18 12:47 PM

Who is Edward Payne?

Goldar's Revenge 03/12/18 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarty Pants Rose (Post 75425)
Who is Edward Payne?

He was the back up for Doctor Oliver in case they failed to get JDF to sign the dotted line. Word leaked out about Tommy's return before the deal was done. So they had to deny it and put out the Payne bios until JDF was officially signed.

Forever Jason 03/14/18 11:13 PM

I think Jason should have been the mentor. Since he was one of the originals. But Tommy was a lot better than a newbie mentor.

Tori Fan 03/15/18 11:47 AM

I think they just should have continued NS with Abaranger Footage

No Green Spandex 03/15/18 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 75369)
I think Tommy Oliver returning as a mentor was a much more interesting hook than some guynname Edward Payne.

PR already got rid of the albatross and learned to live withlut him. There was no need to bring him back. I can almost understand FR but DT and LB? And now SNS?. I will not count the movie cameo. Since it was just JDF playing a cilvlian fpr 10 seconds.

Sentai Envy 03/15/18 11:50 AM

Yes, it waa dumb how American Sentai has always tried to bring back American Burai.