Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Dominic was lame (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6275)

Superstatler 01/10/15 09:14 PM

Dominic was lame

Dominic was a terrible Sixth Ranger. The way he was introduced was stupid. He was very annoying and not important enough to be sixth. He wouldn't been so bad if he was just a regular Ranger. I can't believe.they didn't give him a better backstory. Its bad enough RJ just had a morpher waiting for him.

Captain Codfish 01/10/15 10:24 PM

Re: Dominic was lame

Maybe because he wasn't a Sixth Ranger?

Superstatler 01/10/15 11:25 PM

I know but he was Sixth Ranger like. I didn't want to get technical.

MattEmily 01/10/15 11:42 PM

He wasn't a sixth Ranger he may be 6th Ranger-like but you can say that about numerous Rangers that aren't 6th Rangers.

Phantom Ranger for example is a good example.
The Thunder Rangers are another good example.
Dino Thunder's White Ranger is another example.
All of the extra Rangers in SPD are also good examples.
Solaris Knight and Wolf Warrior are also good examples.
Ranger Gold and Ranger Silver are also good examples.
The female Red Samurai Ranger is another good example.

Do I need to continue?

Captain Codfish 01/11/15 01:18 PM

Regardless of the distinction of Sixth Ranger. I do agree that Dom was a let down in regards to being a Ranger added midseason. His story had no gravitas. And he didn't feel really special. RJ felt like more Sixth Ranger like than Dom.

PRangerX 01/11/15 03:44 PM

He wasn't the most interesting Extra Ranger but I wouldn't say he was lame.

MattEmily 01/11/15 08:30 PM

I agree... while he was an additional Ranger I thought it was interesting that he wasn't made to be a special character like most 6th Ranger and Extra Rangers are.

The Ghost Ranger 01/15/15 04:57 AM

I liked Dom's character. He meant well despite his joking nature, and sincerely tried to help Theo and Lilly train without realising his fingers were greasy. Trying to find oneself is never an easy task, so I am guessing when he saw the Rangers, he had an epiphiny; "I was trying to find something in my life, but something found me instead! THIS is what I was meant to do!" Sure, he was a bit arrogant and made mistakes, but he took his Ranger duties seriously, and was a valued part of the team.

Sailor Danger 01/21/15 12:19 PM

Dom was fine for me. I didn't love him or hate him. He was just another Ranger. RJ felt more sixth like anyway.

Sailor Dragonzord 01/23/15 04:26 PM

Dom just felt un needed. We already had plent going on with the Core three. You had RJ as Sixth Ranger like team member anyway. Not to mention the Spirit Rangers. Dom was just an afterhought and it showed. I guess there wasnt much the could do with Sentai footage.