Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4801)

Disney Ranger 10/03/16 07:42 PM

Re: Was Doctor Oliver really just undercover during Dinothunder?

Hexagon wasn't a Disney idea so I say no.

I have no problem with the Doctor Oliver stuff. Tommy was still Tommy. Disney was smart to bring him back.

No Pink Angel 10/04/16 08:12 AM

I don't really see Tommy as a Scientist. That was something Bilky would do. Tommy would have opened a martial arts school or something. Indon't buy the underlying cover stuff either. Its just a plothole.

Time Force Traitor 10/06/16 06:55 PM

I could see him pretending to be a paleontologist as a cover. It would be a perfect way to look for the Dino Gems. He probably rigged his credentials for the internship with Mercer as well.

Quantum Hunter 10/07/16 12:07 PM

I think Tommy really did study Palentology. He was obviously connected to Hexagon though.

Ginger Snap 10/09/16 08:01 PM

Wow never thought of that! I don't think I have as good of imagination as some of you guys. I was just happy Tommy was back! I guess he must have really hit the books to get his PHD. Mrs. Applebee must have been proud.

Astro Delta 10/14/16 09:47 PM

Tommy's credentials were legit. But he was undercover in the sense he was preparing for a new Ranger team. Those gems were left in the base for whoever was worthy enough to find them. It was too much of a cociendence for the teens to just randomly end up in his underground base. The gems called for them.

Smarty Pants Rose 10/15/16 11:52 AM

I don't think so. He was a teacher and a Ranger at the same time. Oliver was honest with the team anyway.

Ginger Snap 10/16/16 05:03 PM

Tommy was definitely undercover. That's why his old records were sealed. He used his influence with Hexagon to get in as a teacher. So he could watch out for the teens that wound up with the gems.

Knight Wolf 10/16/16 05:04 PM

Sounds too far fetched to me. Just like the whole Hexagon thing. Tommy was really a paleontologist. He was just operating a secret base as well. He didn't forge anything. His records were sealed to protect him.

Astronema 10/17/16 10:55 AM

I think Oliver was working on his own. He didn't seem like he had a whole organization working for him. Hexagon either didn't exit or was disbanded by then.