Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Lord Zedd and Rita should have had a kid (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6331)

Spike Hart 01/27/15 01:49 PM

Lord Zedd and Rita should have had a kid

I'm not talking about Thrax. I mean during MMPR season 3 or Zeo. Prince Sprocket proves that a kid villain could work. It would have been a natural progression for the two to start an evil family.

Usagi Reborn 01/27/15 01:51 PM

Re: Lord Zedd and Rita should have had a kid

It would have made "Once A Ranger" make more sense. Except for the part about facing Sentinal Knight millions of years ago.

Starlight Starbrite 01/27/15 02:00 PM

Wasn't Rito enough of a kid to worry about?

MMPR Forever 01/27/15 09:27 PM

I think that would have been too mature for a kids show. They would have never had the two of them have a kid during MMPR. I really don't think they needed one.

Turbo Guy 01/27/15 09:33 PM

I would have liked seeing another kid villain if it was done right. Would have been pretty funny.

Phantom Stranger 01/28/15 04:23 PM

I never thought of this before. I don't think it was needed though. I think they were fine the way things were.

Sentai Is Forever 01/28/15 04:28 PM

I would have liked it if they used Kai as Rita's son. I think MMPR would have been much better if they kept that storyline.

PsychoGreen 02/03/15 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 51371)
I think that would have been too mature for a kids show. They would have never had the two of them have a kid during MMPR. I really don't think they needed one.

I can see this going both ways. The idea of two villains having a kid during the course of the show is pretty ridiculous and as you pointed out too mature for a kids show. Plus, as dysfunctional as they were as a couple, the last thing they needed was a kid.

But then if they had a already existing kid like King Mondo & Queen Machina's son Prince Sprocket, they might have pulled that off. But it really wouldn't have added anything in my opinion.

MattEmily 02/03/15 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 51371)

I don't think it would have pushed the "mature" boundaries too much but I personally didn't see any need for one when you already had Rita and Zedd for leaders plus you had Goldar as a soldier, you had Finster to help out with monster creations, Squatt and Baboo for comic relief and Rito for additional comic relief once he appeared in Season 3.

There were too many villains to begin with as of Season 3.

PsychoGreen 02/04/15 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 51591)
I personally didn't see any need for one when you already had Rita and Zedd for leaders plus you had Goldar as a soldier, you had Finster to help out with monster creations, Squatt and Baboo for comic relief and Rito for additional comic relief once he appeared in Season 3.

There were too many villains to begin with as of Season 3.

Plus the short lived appearances of Scorpina, there was definitely a pretty large cast of villians. Squatt, Baboo, and later Rito: all filled that void of being whiny, young, immature, and stupid that a "child" role probably would have been anyway.