Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Overdrive the new Lightspeed? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7734)

Lightspeed Omega 01/26/17 12:19 PM

Overdrive the new Lightspeed?

Do you guys think Overdrive was supposed to be the new Lightspeed?

Hailey Hartford 01/26/17 01:57 PM

Re: Overdrive the new Lightspeed?

Not at all. Overdrive was a archaeological type of season.

fryguy81 01/26/17 03:14 PM

In what way do you mean the New Lightspeed?

Lightspeed Omega 01/26/17 06:58 PM

I thought it was an attempt to do a season like Lightspeed Rescue. In terms of tone and story.

Goldar's Revenge 01/26/17 07:04 PM

The only comparison was that they were both vehicle based seasons. The tone and story were much differently. And Lightspeed was actually good as opposed to Overdrive. Which was was the worst of the Disney Era.

Turbo Guy 01/26/17 07:06 PM

I like Overdrive because of the car theme. But its but its nothing like Lightspeed or Turbo.

Todd Oliver 01/27/17 07:21 PM

Hailey is right, OO is an archeological Sentai and not a vichule one. Really Lightspeed wasn't either it was a Rescue Season. You could also say it was military. Which OO clearly wasn't. The only similarity is they both seem to have man made powers.

Destiny Defeated 01/27/17 11:48 PM

I don't see an attempt to really follow Lightspeed at all.

KimandTommy 01/28/17 08:06 AM

Niether series are my favorite. But I liked OO much better than the boring Lightspeed Rescue. The characters of Overdrive were at least fun. And did go on some cook adventures. Its too bad Rose was so concieted.

Disney Ranger 01/28/17 08:08 AM

OO was an amazing Disney adventure. The characters and story line were great. But its not surprising since Disney does such great work with all its projects.