Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Trini's Fate? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8442)

Yellow Fan Forever 01/01/18 08:40 PM

Trini's Fate?

Unfortunately Thuy Trang passed away in 2001. Does this mean Trini was killed at some point too?

I don't think so since Trini is a fictional character. And just because there is a real live tragedy, it doesn't mean the actor's character has to die. Especially if they aren't on the series anymore.

Captain Codfish 01/01/18 08:42 PM

Re: Trini's Fate?

I think Trini is still alive. We will just never see her again in the flesh. There is no reason to think her character has passed on just because of Thuy's passing.

KimandTommy 01/01/18 08:43 PM

But wouldn't it be disrespectful to say Trini lived on when Thuy sadly doesn't?

Goldar's Revenge 01/01/18 08:48 PM

Its not disrespectful at all. They never have used the Trini Character to profit off of Thuy Trang's passing. The show gave her a respectful in memory of. There is no real need to do anything with Trini outside of the Movie Universe. Her character can still live on in the expanded universe, I'm talking more about film and tv. But in any case, just because an actor dies, you don't have to say their character died.

In the Fast and Furious Films they didn't say Brian died just because of Paul Walker. They came up with a way to retire him. It remains to be seen what Star Wars will do with Carrie Fisher. But Power Rangers never had to worry about explaining the characters absence, since she was long written off.

MMPR Forever 01/01/18 08:57 PM

Trini is most definitely alive. Its just so sad what happened to Thuy. But that goes without saying.

Summer Is Rich 01/01/18 10:32 PM

We can't just assume Trini died without on screen proof.

MattEmily 01/01/18 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow Fan Forever (Post 71555)
Unfortunately Thuy Trang passed away in 2001. Does this mean Trini was killed at some point too?

I don't think so since Trini is a fictional character. And just because there is a real live tragedy, it doesn't mean the actor's character has to die. Especially if they aren't on the series anymore.

hard to know for sure since we don't know who MMPR Yellow was in the Legendary Battle. We also don't know if Ernie, Rito, Professor P, Mr. Collins and others are gone despite their actors being dead. Zordon was dead before his voice actor passed on so in his case it doesn't matter not to much there's still David Fielding out there who also did his voice and while Soga passed on Rita still exists in the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 71556)
I think Trini is still alive. We will just never see her again in the flesh. There is no reason to think her character has passed on just because of Thuy's passing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 71557)
But wouldn't it be disrespectful to say Trini lived on when Thuy sadly doesn't?

hard to know whether she's alive but no it wouldn't be disrespectful at all. They made mention of Rita even though Soga passed on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 71558)
Its not disrespectful at all. They never have used the Trini Character to profit off of Thuy Trang's passing. The show gave her a respectful in memory of. There is no real need to do anything with Trini outside of the Movie Universe. Her character can still live on in the expanded universe, I'm talking more about film and tv. But in any case, just because an actor dies, you don't have to say their character died.

In the Fast and Furious Films they didn't say Brian died just because of Paul Walker. They came up with a way to retire him. It remains to be seen what Star Wars will do with Carrie Fisher. But Power Rangers never had to worry about explaining the characters absence, since she was long written off.

yea it's not disrespectful at all just because the actor is dead it doesn't mean the character is dead unless you want to do something with the character then you have no way around it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 71560)
Trini is most definitely alive. Its just so sad what happened to Thuy. But that goes without saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich (Post 71571)
We can't just assume Trini died without on screen proof.

yea we can't say whether she's alive or not without having on-screen proof and yes it is sad with her passing.

Astro Omega 01/01/18 10:52 PM

I think its likely Trini was in "Legendary Battle" in morphed form.

MattEmily 01/01/18 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro Omega (Post 71578)
I think its likely Trini was in "Legendary Battle" in morphed form.

we have no way of knowing since it's 50/50 on whether it's her or Aisha

Power Sentai 01/02/18 12:07 AM

I would like to think the MMPR Rangers are the originals. Especially with Tommy as Green Ranger .