Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Claire as Mystic White (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8509)

Mystic Mirage 01/12/18 06:52 PM

Claire as Mystic White

The one thing I would change about MF, would be too make Claire Mystic White in the later episodes. She had such great character development. It would have been a great way to end it. Plus Uddonna ended up passing the torch to her anyway.

MattEmily 01/12/18 09:05 PM

Re: Claire as Mystic White

I disagree but I do think she should be the White Mystic Ranger now if they ever wanted to use the character.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 01/13/18 12:10 PM

It would have been cool if Udonna let Claire keep the Snow Staff to become White Ranger. She earned it.

Kimmy Repulsa 01/13/18 12:18 PM

I wish we saw more of Claire as the Gatekeeper. Becoming the new White Ranger made sense! though.

VR Master 01/13/18 05:32 PM

I see no problem with this. They just decided to go with Udonna again.

MattEmily 01/13/18 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy Repulsa (Post 72610)
I wish we saw more of Claire as the Gatekeeper. Becoming the new White Ranger made sense! though.

they probably didn't have the Gatekeeper suit.

Blastr Zack 01/13/18 05:42 PM

Claire was a good character, even without being a Ranger.

Massive Ego 01/13/18 05:46 PM

She started to get a clue once she stopped listening to her horrible teacher. Udonna was such a bad mentor, she had to rely on Daggeron's lame ass to teach the Rangers. Claire was inept due to Udonna's poor teaching style. I still would have taking Claire over the real Mystic Rangers. Its pretty bad when your comic relief characters are more likeable than your heroes.

Cam's Surprise 01/15/18 03:40 PM

This is whee the story should have went in the end. It was Claire's time to be a Ranger.

Usagi Reborn 01/15/18 03:57 PM

I think Claire was fine as an ally that we really watched grow up. She didn't need to be a Ranger. Udonna had unfinished business as White Ranger.

Sentai Envy 01/15/18 04:03 PM

There is only one Magimother. Udonna was Magimother in American Sentai. It would have been insulting for Claire to get the powers. Its bad enough they messed up and didn't pretend Udonna was killed off until the end.

Maligore 01/15/18 04:11 PM

I'm surprised they didn't write Udonna off until the end. Since Disney was usually just as cheap as Saban.

KimandTommy 01/15/18 04:26 PM

I'm just glad they didn't make Leelee Mystic White. We don't need more evil Rangers.

A Gia To Remember 01/15/18 06:10 PM

Claire was an amazing character. She was very relatable. It was fun watching her develop into a sorceress. I would have loved to see her as a Ranger.

MattEmily 01/15/18 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 72738)
I'm just glad they didn't make Leelee Mystic White. We don't need more evil Rangers.

now now while she was evil she reformed sure she's still a vampire but that doesn't make her evil if Necrolai and Matoombo are capable of reforming then anyone is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 72758)
Claire was an amazing character. She was very relatable. It was fun watching her develop into a sorceress. I would have loved to see her as a Ranger.

yes Clare was an amazing nice and it was nice to see her maturing and developing with her magic skills sure it would've been nice to see her as an Ranger but maybe at some point she became one? or even took over for Udonna?

Dino Charger 01/15/18 08:06 PM

I could see Claore becoming Mystic White if future battles are needed.

Where's Waldo 01/17/18 03:35 PM

I don't think a character needs to become a Ranger to be important. Claire's arch was fine the way it was.

Astro Omega 01/18/18 05:07 PM

She was too much of a bumbling and comic relief character to me. The Gatekeeper episode made her too powerful too fast. And then she just regressed until Mystic Mother promoted her. Which didn't feel earned.

Geki's Pride 01/18/18 05:09 PM

I think Claire should have been the light not Nick. The Rangers would have had to protect her untill she was ready to face the Master. It would have been awesome to see a underdog character like her end up being very important.

PRangerX 01/19/18 05:17 PM

I like this idea. The idea of Claire being the light is also a good one. Perhaps Nick and Claire could have been siblings with Udonna as their aunt. The mother would have died sealing the Underworld beforehand. And Koragg would have been their father.

Inner Senshi 01/19/18 05:22 PM

Sounds too melodramatic to me. I prefer it like it actually happened. Claire is still very important in her own way. And I like Nick being Udonna's son.

Calamity Kimberly 01/19/18 05:25 PM

Its kind of funny that MF had a Pink Ranger that hated the color Pink lol.

MattEmily 01/19/18 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geki's Pride (Post 73018)
I think Claire should have been the light not Nick. The Rangers would have had to protect her untill she was ready to face the Master. It would have been awesome to see a underdog character like her end up being very important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 73051)
I like this idea. The idea of Claire being the light is also a good one. Perhaps Nick and Claire could have been siblings with Udonna as their aunt. The mother would have died sealing the Underworld beforehand. And Koragg would have been their father.

nah it's an interesting idea going with someone who isn't Red since that's predictable but I think it should've been 1 of the weaker Rangers maybe Maddie? I mean she was their weak link.

Vida The Vampire Slayer 01/19/18 05:26 PM

I would have rather had Vida be the more important one. But Madision could have still been given more to do.

MattEmily 01/19/18 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vida The Vampire Slayer (Post 73055)
I would have rather had Vida be the more important one. But Madision could have still been given more to do.

I only went with Maddie because she had no focused eps every other Ranger that season did.

Blastr Zack 01/19/18 11:08 PM

Madison should have got a lot more focus than she did. But I never bought into Nick and Madison as a couple. So the character shouldn't have gone in that direction.

KimandTommy 01/19/18 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calamity Kimberly (Post 73053)
Its kind of funny that MF had a Pink Ranger that hated the color Pink lol.

Not really, it actually pissed me off. I don't consider her a true Pink Ranger.

DinoThunderKira 01/19/18 11:41 PM

I agree Madison should have got more focus over making Claire a Ranger or major character.

Saban Fan 01/20/18 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73060)
I only went with Maddie because she had no focused eps every other Ranger that season did.

I think Saban would have made sure Madison had more to do.

No More Pink 01/22/18 05:20 PM

They should have just edited out the Pinj Ranger footage and had Vida as the White Ranger.

I know I'm dreaming since it would have been impossible. I just really wish they could have gone that root. At least Vida didn't act like your typical Pink. And Madison was at least Blue. Even if she was a disapointment in other areas.

Zord Commander 01/22/18 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73054)
nah it's an interesting idea going with someone who isn't Red since that's predictable but I think it should've been 1 of the weaker Rangers maybe Maddie? I mean she was their weak link.

I agree. Claire got plenty of focus. She didn't need more. One of MF's problems was focusing on the minor characters more than anyone not named Nick. And lets face it, even if you made Claire White Ranger, she wouldn't be a Ranger until the very end. We didn't need a non Ranger replacing Nick.

You have a vood idea with Madison. Give her half the focus Nick had and she would have been a much better character. Her speach to rally Nick in the finale proved that her actress and character could have done much more.

Dragonzord Fan 01/22/18 06:05 PM

I really didn't like Claire and the the Gatekeeper Plot was out of nowhere. And then at the end she suddenly is a great sorceress because Mystic Mother said it was so? Having her as a Ranger would have been even worse.

Captain Mutiny 01/24/18 05:42 PM

Claire didn't need to be a Ranger. She was special just the way she was. I would say it was too much that they had her take Udonna's place.

MattEmily 01/24/18 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonzord Fan (Post 73150)
I really didn't like Claire and the the Gatekeeper Plot was out of nowhere. And then at the end she suddenly is a great sorceress because Mystic Mother said it was so?

I disagree. The Gatekeeper plot wasn't out of nowhere. Clare becoming a sorceress makes sense granted I think it was too early for her to become one but the Mystic Mother is the most powerful sorceress in their realm so yes I do believe she has the say so and the powers to make someone a sorceress BUT I think they need to have wizard or sorceress training in order to become one meaning they need to be a skilled magic user

Astro Omega 01/24/18 08:43 PM

Mystic White seemed pretty weak. Since the powers were only used at the beginning and end of the season. They just seemed tacked on.

MattEmily 01/24/18 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro Omega (Post 73238)
Mystic White seemed pretty weak. Since the powers were only used at the beginning and end of the season. They just seemed tacked on.

she couldn't morph during the season all she had was her Wand which wasn't her Morpher her Snow Staff was her Morpher and because of footage reasons they couldn't do anything about it because it was the same thing in Magiranger

Maligore 01/25/18 12:02 PM

If Disney wasn't so cheap they could have filmed new White Ranger Footage. Maybe new Gatekeeper too.

MattEmily 01/25/18 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 73243)
If Disney wasn't so cheap they could have filmed new White Ranger Footage. Maybe new Gatekeeper too.

true about the White Ranger but they really couldn't do much with the Gatekeeper if they didn't have access to her "Mystic" suit since remember they were at the whim with Toei when it came to most suits. Toei didn't send them the transformed suit? then Disney couldn't do anything with it other than what was already provided to them

I Love Lothor 01/29/18 07:44 PM

I liked Claire better as comic relief. I would have rather have gone without the gatekeeper subplot or Claire becoming a competent sorceress.

Captain Codfish 01/29/18 08:43 PM

This would have beem a very good idea. I think the character of Claire would have made for a good Underdog Ranger. I wish they had gone this route. Especially with the Gatekeeper Arch showing us how important Claire really was, even in the real storyline.