Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why was the Lost Galaxy such an after thought? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7334)

No Green Spandex 09/12/16 11:11 PM

Re: Why was the Lost Galaxy such an after thought?

The best parts of Galaxy were in the beginning of the second half. The Lost Galaxy arch was really just filler until the Mike stuff. But LG was still a great season.

MattEmily 09/13/16 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob (Post 57629)
They must have used a ton of Sentai Footage. The special effects looked a lot different from prior in the season.

you're right but then again even earlier in the season a lot of the stuff was Sentai footage basically anything involving Scorpius, Trakeena, Furio, Villamax and Kegler was new footage even though Villamax and Kegler did come from Gingaman we just never saw any Sentai footage of either Villamax or Kegler.

Goldar's Revenge 09/14/16 10:15 PM

The ancient Rangers thing was just an idea and never got close to happening. The LG arch was just an excuse to cram in Sentai Footage to save budget for the fanilie. LG was actually a disaster behind the scenes. Most of what worked happened because things had to be done on the fly. They get tons of credit for trying to turn Gingaman into a Space Season. When it was clearly getting its footage from a nature sentai.

KimandTommy 09/15/16 11:20 AM

This storyline was boring. LG didn't feel like PR. It should have been a spin off or completely unrelated show.

MMPR Guy 09/15/16 11:56 PM

Agreed. The show went too far away from MMPR. And didn't get back on track until Ninja Storm.

Terra Venture 09/16/16 12:00 AM

I think it would have been better if it was just a two parter. But it didn't ruin what was a great season! MMPR is a unique season. You can't just go around copying it. LG needed to do its own thing. And I am glad it did.

Red Spandex Forever 09/16/16 11:37 AM

Yeah diffinitly feels like it was filler that went on a bit too long.

Turbo Black 09/16/16 10:55 PM

I really liked it. It was different and had a a lot of suspense. The episode with Mike freeing the slaves is one of the best episodes of the season. I do wish they explained how Trakeena and Mutiney knew each other.

MattEmily 09/17/16 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Black (Post 57830)
I really liked it. It was different and had a a lot of suspense. The episode with Mike freeing the slaves is one of the best episodes of the season. I do wish they explained how Trakeena and Mutiney knew each other.

it is definitely one of the better ones during Galaxy and I think Trakeena and Mutiny knowing one another should be pretty obvious since I believe Mirinoi was in the Lost Galaxy and I believe Scorpius was originally in the Lost Galaxy as well.

PRangerX 09/18/16 05:10 PM

It did seem like kind of a let down at times. But LG's second half gave us so many twist and turns its hard to complain. And the Mike episode was great! I do agree that it was a bit too long. I don't think Mutiny was as interesting as Trakeena. The slave angle was certainly original though.