Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Kimberly as a mentor (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8566)

KimandTommy 01/29/18 02:00 PM

Kimberly as a mentor

I always thought it would be nice if Kimberly came back to mentor a new Ranger team like Tommy did in DinoThunder.

Usagi Reborn 01/29/18 02:34 PM

Re: Kimberly as a mentor

I doubt Amy Jo Johnson will be available to return to the series.

PRangerX 01/29/18 02:47 PM

Doesn't sound likely.

At the time of DinoThunder I had a similar idea with Kat mentoring a new team. But I don't think thats likely either.

KimandTommy 01/29/18 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 73444)
Doesn't sound likely.

At the time of DinoThunder I had a similar idea with Kat mentoring a new team. But I don't think thats likely either.

Kat should only come back as a villain. It would be an insult to have her as a mentor.

Fury Road 01/29/18 07:58 PM

I don't think its likely to happen. Amy Jo has moved on. And I don't see them wanting to bring back an older Ranger for most of a season. JDF was a special case that will never be done again.

Captain Codfish 01/29/18 08:44 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to this. If they could pull it off it would be a no brainer. I think it would be a popular move for long term fans as well. Who wouldn't want this to happen?

White Spandex Rules 01/30/18 11:45 AM

Why not? Any of the originals would make good mentors in my mind.

A Gia To Remember 01/30/18 08:07 PM

That would have been cool. I would like to see Gia come back to be a mentor.

MattEmily 01/30/18 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73434)
I always thought it would be nice if Kimberly came back to mentor a new Ranger team like Tommy did in DinoThunder.

I'd be for any Ranger returning as a Mentor no matter who they are but some wouldn't return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn (Post 73440)
I doubt Amy Jo Johnson will be available to return to the series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 73444)
Doesn't sound likely.

yea it won't be likely since as long as she's working she has no interest in working in non-union productions but Catherine is likely to show up since she doesn't care as much about the union thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73455)
Kat should only come back as a villain. It would be an insult to have her as a mentor.

I told you to shut up about that but because you insist on offending Kat fans I'm going to fight fire with fire and say that Tommy should only come back as a villain and that it was an insult for him to be the Mentor in Dino Thunder.

Massive Ego 01/30/18 08:34 PM

I don't think she is ever going to get the message. Its fine not to like Kat. But there is no evidence that she was an evil character.

MattEmily 01/30/18 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 73513)
I don't think she is ever going to get the message. Its fine not to like Kat. But there is no evidence that she was an evil character.

Exactly hating a character is fine but insisting that they're evil just because you're still bitter that the character in question replaced 1 of your favorite characters is just being dumb and pathetic I mean that's like me insisting that T.J. is evil because of me hating T.J. since he replaced Tommy but I don't since I don't hate him and I don't believe he's evil. The same with Cassie replacing Kat I could do what she's doing by saying Cassie is evil since she replaced Kat but I'm not since she isn't.

Bridge's Brigade 01/31/18 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73515)
Exactly hating a character is fine, but insisting that they're evil just because you're still bitter that the character in question replaced 1 of your favorite characters is just being dumb and pathetic I mean that's like me insisting that T.J. is evil because of me hating T.J. since he replaced Tommy but I don't since I don't hate him and I don't believe he's evil. The same with Cassie replacing Kat I could do what she's doing by saying Cassie is evil since she replaced Kat but I'm not since she isn't.

Then a lot of characters would be "evil". Since everyone has characters they don't like.

MattEmily 01/31/18 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge's Brigade (Post 73518)
Then a lot of characters would be "evil". Since everyone has characters they don't like.

yup that they do

Massive Ego 01/31/18 10:26 PM

If that were true almost every character since Ninja Storm would be evil.

Miki1988 02/01/18 03:52 AM

I don't think having Kim as a mentor in a season would even work, considering that Amy Jo wanted to leave and because the writers were given time by her to write her character off.
Besides, I think that the way Kim was written off, she wouldn't want to get in anything Power Ranger-related again, except for a "Legendary Battle" type of mission until she could do it age and health wise.
Besides, even Tommy basically told her to go to Florida and follow her dreams. She ended up developing other interests, which is normal. Her life took a different route. That happens when you move to a different city or even to a different state. I'm speaking from my own experiences here.

PRangerX 02/01/18 11:44 AM

Could it work? Sure. Will it happen? Not likely. But then again, I would have said the same thing about Tommy before DinoThunder was announced.

Captain Mutiny 02/02/18 01:30 PM

Amy Jo Johnson is not returning to the show on a full time basis. I doubt we ever see her in the series ever again. Its more likely she wluld have camels or roles in future movies. But not as Kimberly Hart.

A Gia To Remember 02/02/18 05:18 PM

I don't think Kat would have been able to use the Ninja or Zeo Powers if she was evil. Plus the Ninja Coin registered as being in the hands of good when she rescued it.

Yellow Fan Forever 02/03/18 08:27 PM

How about Aisha or Tanya as a mentor? Or Taylor, if you want to go more recent?

Disney Ranger 02/03/18 08:48 PM

I am surprised that Disney didn't do this during one of their season's. Since they are the ones that got JDF back.

MattEmily 02/03/18 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember (Post 73617)
I don't think Kat would have been able to use the Ninja or Zeo Powers if she was evil. Plus the Ninja Coin registered as being in the hands of good when she rescued it.

the Zeo powers well that wouldn't be true but you're right about the Ninja Coins

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow Fan Forever (Post 73701)
How about Aisha or Tanya as a mentor? Or Taylor, if you want to go more recent?

I don't know how they would do Aisha but I'd be for either of the other 2 but I don't think Alyson would be up for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 73713)
I am surprised that Disney didn't do this during one of their season's. Since they are the ones that got JDF back.

that's because it wasn't their idea it was Doug's idea to bring JDF back

Goldar's Revenge 02/03/18 09:47 PM

Tommy's return was all Doug Sloan and Ann Austen. Its amazing how hard they worked to make this happen! And at one point it almost fell through.

Cameron Sensei 02/04/18 10:13 AM

I think it would be cool to have Cam as a mentor. Its too bad they didn't do it for Ninja Steel. Brody and Levy could have been his son.

MattEmily 02/04/18 11:23 AM

Jason Chan lives in Singapore so the logistics just wouldn't be possible

White Spandex Rules 02/05/18 03:26 PM

I would like to see Kat come back as a mentor.

Massive Ego 02/05/18 05:17 PM

Kimberly isn't coming back as a mentor. But neither will Kat, Cam, or Gia.

Hayley Oliver 02/05/18 07:35 PM

I would like to see Hailey come back as a mentor. She basically was already a co-mentor with Tommy.

MattEmily 02/05/18 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 73789)
Kimberly isn't coming back as a mentor. But neither will Kat, Cam, or Gia.

true about Kimberly and Cam but the odds would be better with Kat and Gia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey Oliver (Post 73799)
I would like to see Hailey come back as a mentor. She basically was already a co-mentor with Tommy.

that's a good point about Hayley

Countdown to Destruction 02/05/18 09:15 PM

I would like to see Andros as the mentor next time. Since I think they will be adapting the Space Sentai. I just hope the writing will be on par with PRIS.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 02/05/18 10:16 PM

I would like to see Dana as a mentor. Seeing how she should have been the leader of the Lightspeed Team.

MattEmily 02/05/18 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzy Bitzy Carter (Post 73850)
I would like to see Dana as a mentor. Seeing how she should have been the leader of the Lightspeed Team.

that's another good one and yes she should've been

Kimberly Hart 02/08/18 11:36 AM

Kimberly would make a great Mentor. Perhaps she could be in Dino Charge Season 3.

Piccolo's Legacy 02/08/18 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzy Bitzy Carter (Post 73850)

She definitely should have been the leader of Lightspeed. She had much more experience and was trained by her dad all her young life. It was silly for her to take a backseat to Carter after episode 1.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/09/18 11:41 AM

They need to continue Ninja Storm with one of the original cast as mentor.

Kimberly Hart 02/09/18 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan (Post 73983)
They need to continue Ninja Storm with one of the original cast as mentor.

They missed their chance with Ninja Steel. We don't know if there will be another Ninja Sentai.

Blastr Zack 02/09/18 06:06 PM

I could see Zack as a mentor someday.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 02/10/18 07:27 AM

As long as they don't bring back Carter as a mentor!

Hayley Oliver 02/10/18 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 73713)

Wasn't that mainly a Doug Sloan and Ann Austin decision? I don't if Disney would have done something like that again without someone fighting for it.

Kimberly Hart 02/10/18 11:40 AM

Perhaps Kimberly can mentor the next Dinosuar Theme Team. Mentors don't have to be young! So Amy Jo Johnson being older won't matter.

ajgreenranger 02/12/18 05:04 PM

Amy Jo Johnson was my fave power ranger as a child first crush lol and still today is defently the main pink power ranger for all time. Amy Jo can never be replaced as the pink ranger no matter howhard they have tryed anyother pink ranger never worked or looked right on the show.have to admitt i stoped watching power rangers after she left. it just wasnt the same. she made that show. i think the went down hill for alot of people after she went. use better all agree lol she was a big loss the that show. GO ON THE AMY