Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rita creating Tommy? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8551)

Bandora's Ghost 01/25/18 05:20 PM

Rita creating Tommy?

Would Tommy have been more interesting if Rita created him? With him gaining his own free will after the Sword of Darkness was destroyed?

Captain Codfish 01/25/18 05:25 PM

Re: Rita creating Tommy?

It would have been an interesting way to go. We never see many of Tommy's relatives for the first few seasons. So it could have workee without changing to much. Of course Tommy would have even more guilt and confusion. Since he wouldn't even be sure if he could trust himself.

Zabitan 01/25/18 08:35 PM

That would be tempting but I also would have liked it if they also had it where because he was one of Rita's creations his life force was tied to her evil magic so him being good was actually killing him.

And he'd have to choose between staying good, and dying or turning evil again, and surviving.

Bandora's Ghost 01/26/18 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 73273)
That would be tempting but I also would have liked it if they also had it where because he was one of Rita's creations his life force was tied to her evil magic so him being good was actually killing him.

And he'd have to choose between staying good, and dying or turning evil again, and surviving.

That would make "The Green Candle" even more interesting. I would guess the Rangers would find a way to save Tommy but not his powers.

White Spandex Rules 01/26/18 05:12 PM

I don't know. I would rather have Tommy be a normal teen who gets caught in tthe middle of Rita's evil plans. Just like he really was.

KimandTommy 01/26/18 05:17 PM

It wouldn't have mattered either way. Because in the end Tommy was truely good. Unlike other supposed reformed Rangers.

Inner Senshi 01/27/18 12:01 AM

I like Tommy as a real person too.

Bandora's Ghost 01/27/18 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 73268)
It would have been an interesting way to go. We never see many of Tommy's relatives for the first few seasons. So it could have workee without changing to much. Of course Tommy would have even more guilt and confusion. Since he wouldn't even be sure if he could trust himself.

I know, thats what gave me the idea. In "Return of the An Old Friend" he is the only one with no parents at the party.

Bonus Ranger 01/27/18 12:18 PM

I think tha would have been too confusing of a plotline. Tommy being the new kid in town made more sense.

Rita's Pita 01/27/18 12:27 PM

Rita didn't have that kind of power. Perhaps the Wizard of Deception could have. But we only saw him make a clone of Tommy.

Sailor Saban 01/28/18 01:36 PM

I am sure Saban considered this but probably tell it was too dark for kids.

KimandTommy 01/29/18 01:53 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think it waa bettsr having Tommy be a real human. It would be too wkerd having hi. be a Rita creation.