Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Movie Goldar So Wrong (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8595)

Goldy Fan 02/10/18 07:52 AM

Movie Goldar So Wrong

Ho could they get Goldar so wrong in the new movie?

Hayley Oliver 02/10/18 07:55 AM

Re: Movie Goldar So Wrong

He didn't feel like classic Goldar at all. He should have been an adaption of Mutites or some new monster.

PRangerX 02/10/18 08:05 AM

Goldar was supposed to represent the evil in Rita ans was treated like her own Zord in a lot lf ways. He was definitely much different then his tv series incarnation. I do think some of the zord and monster designs were the film's weakness.

Chef Mia 02/10/18 11:34 AM

He did look pretty ugly. Didn't have much of a personality either.

Kimberly Hart 02/10/18 11:38 AM

The movie got its designs all wrong. Goldar was awful looking.

Astro Omega 02/10/18 11:48 AM

They were trying to be different. He wasn't going to be like Goldar on the series.. Just like Rita was totally different. Even if she probably still gets headaches lol.

Space Crazy 02/10/18 10:48 PM

I don't have a problem with Goldar being different. This movie was supposed to be different. He wasn't going to be the same Goldar.

Massive Ego 02/10/18 11:01 PM

Movie Goldar was perfect for what Dan Isrealite was trying to do.

Starlight Starbrite 02/10/18 11:06 PM

I loved the new designs. They seemed more movie quality. Its just ashame we didn't get to see the Rangers in action for long. Goldar seemed much more scary and menacing though.

Quantum Hunter 02/11/18 09:29 AM

They would have been better off just using an entirely new character.

Hexagon Ranger 02/11/18 09:35 AM

Agreed, people would have less of a problem if the monster was a new character.

MMPR Forever 02/11/18 10:10 AM

The new movie just wasn't true to the real MMPR. Its too bad they messed with a classic.

Time Force Traitor 02/11/18 01:31 PM

I don't have a problem with his design. I think they wanted him to be ugly since he was evil.

Rossovan 03/24/18 06:22 AM

I enjoyed some aspects of the new movie and liked the new take on Goldar, to me the film was always going to make changes to characters and this was one of them.

I think Alpha and the Zords (well the Megazord) could of been better but on the whole i liked the re-imagining of things. I do hope the 2nd film, should it get made, features more suit action and Lord Zedd.

We have MMPR and the first movie if we want to see classic Goldar and co.

Kimberly Hart 03/24/18 11:48 AM

I could see them going back to classic Goldar or something similar.

Movie Ranger 03/25/18 11:08 AM

Goldar was adapted to suit the movies plot. He represented Rita's true evil.

Quantum Hunter 03/25/18 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Ranger (Post 75628)
Goldar was adapted to suit the movies plot. He represented Rita's true evil.

My big problem with Movie Rita is that she was supposed to be a fallen Ranger. Yet their was nothing to make her sympathetic or point to the fact that she was once good. She rally was an evil psycho path that just wanted to destroy everything to become all powerful.

Captain Mutiny 03/25/18 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Hunter (Post 75629)
My big problem with Movie Rita is that she was supposed to be a fallen Ranger. Yet their was nothing to make her sympathetic or point to the fact that she was once good. She rally was an evil psycho path that just wanted to destroy everything to become all powerful.

I think it makes her more interesting since we see her as comoletely evil. But based on her backstory we know there is more to her. Which sets up things nicely for any future movies invovling her.

Goldar's Revenge 03/25/18 11:18 AM

We see her after she went fulky evil. She was good long before the movie's prolouge. She obviously has issues with Zordon rejecting her as a Ranger and her idea for him to join her. I also think she became far more mentally instable due to her being practically dead for millions of years.

PRangerX 03/25/18 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossovan (Post 75596)
I enjoyed some aspects of the new movie and liked the new take on Goldar, to me the film was always going to make changes to characters and this was one of them.

I think Alpha and the Zords (well the Megazord) could of been better but on the whole i liked the re-imagining of things. I do hope the 2nd film, should it get made, features more suit action and Lord Zedd.

We have MMPR and the first movie if we want to see classic Goldar and co.

I would be worried about how they would fit all that in following up on the plots of the first movie, addding a Green Ranger, and Lord Zedd? Plus you almost have to deal with Rita again...Just feels like a lot to cram into a movie. The simplicity of the first movies plot helped let them focus on the characters. And a rushed second film coulr be a disaster! Plus this would be this reboots last chance.

mbozzo 03/25/18 05:40 PM

The writers of this movie should have used all new characters and used a Sentai team that wasn't seen in America before. :mad2:

MattEmily 03/26/18 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbozzo (Post 75644)
The writers of this movie should have used all new characters and used a Sentai team that wasn't seen in America before. :mad2:

that wasn't the point of the movie the point of the movie was to try on adults' nostalgia for the first team by using those names.

PRangerX 03/27/18 11:33 AM

I think going with a rebooting MMPR was the right decision. Thats the brand thats most reconizeable and the theme was very adaptable.

Cyber Astronema 03/27/18 11:38 AM

I was too young to really watch MMPR when it first came out. And never even saw all the episodes. But I can see why they went with it. Based on how everyone talks about it.

lunarwolf 04/21/18 09:34 AM

the movie goldar was so bad / wrong. the 90s show goldar was way better.
https://fsmedia.imgix.net/34/80/a8/f...compress&w=650

MattEmily 04/21/18 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarwolf (Post 75828)
the movie goldar was so bad / wrong. the 90s show goldar was way better.
https://fsmedia.imgix.net/34/80/a8/f...compress&w=650

no doubt about that but you have to keep in mind the TV suit (not the one you're showing) came from Japan but when it fell apart they had to make a new one whereas the 2017 one wasn't even a suit it was just CGI

Astronema 04/21/18 11:59 AM

I think they wanted the new Goldar to look freaky. He was really like an evil Zord.

MattEmily 04/21/18 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astronema (Post 75831)
I think they wanted the new Goldar to look freaky. He was really like an evil Zord.

personally he's not even close to freaky he's more close to being pathetic.

Vanguard One 04/22/18 12:19 PM

They should have just said he was Mutities.