Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rob Gronkowski as Tommy Oliver (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8629)

Captain Logan Knows Best 02/18/18 07:33 PM

Rob Gronkowski as Tommy Oliver

If Lionsgate does a sequel to Power Rangers, I think the should get Rob Gronkowski to play Tommy.

Gronk is a future Hall of fame tight end for the New England Patriots. Rumors has it that he could retire to get invovled in WWE or Hollywood.

I think he would be a good choice to play Tommy. Since he has a larger than life personality and name value. Thats something you would want with the new Tommy. It could also jump start the movie franchise.

Hayley Oliver 02/18/18 07:50 PM

Re: Rob Gronkowski as Tommy Oliver

I don't see how a football player will be a good actor. Not in his first major role anyway .

Disney Ranger 02/18/18 09:46 PM

I really think Saban should partner with Disney next.

Green With Envy 02/18/18 09:57 PM

He wouldn't have the experience to do a role like that. And he is too old to play a teen.

Zabitan 02/18/18 10:26 PM

Eh tempting but first they'd have to make a new Power Rangers movie first.

It's like I remember before there actually was a new Power Rangers movies casting Taylor Lautnter as Tommy.

PRangerX 02/18/18 11:37 PM

Its an interesting idea. Not sure if Rob is ready for such a main role though. He seems like he would be better off in a supporting role.

Boston Ranger Guy 02/19/18 11:37 AM

Oh please Gronk as an actor would be lame. He has no acting experience. He was born with a talent for football. Throwing that away for an actinf carreer would be wasting his talent. Now if he retires because of Health,thats a different story. But if acting is the main reason, I hope his films flop hard. At least with wrestlinf he would still be using athelticks . Gooe luck not gettinv hurt though.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 12:22 PM

Perhaps he would make a better henchman. Or even the new Bulk. Comedy is a good place to start with Gronk. He is a funny guy in real life. If its the evil henchman role, thats a typical entry level role for jocks turned actors.

Kira Fan 02/19/18 04:49 PM

Maybe they could have Jason David Frank be the new Tommy.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 07:34 PM

I heard he might also go into Pro Wrestling.