Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Karen Ashley leaving the series? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8577)

Bansheera's Revenge 02/03/18 12:05 PM

Karen Ashley leaving the series?

The way they wrote off Aisha seemed pretty abrupt . Does anyone know why Karen didn't return for the final MMPR episode or why she left the series proper!?

Adam White Tiger 02/03/18 12:13 PM

Re: Karen Ashley leaving the series?

I think they should have had her have a goodbye scene.

MattEmily 02/03/18 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bansheera's Revenge (Post 73643)
The way they wrote off Aisha seemed pretty abrupt . Does anyone know why Karen didn't return for the final MMPR episode or why she left the series proper!?

She realized how bad the schedule and her pay was for what she had to do on the show so she wanted to leave she was promised a decent write off for her character but the Producers never had any time to insert it in.

Kimberly Hart 02/03/18 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 73653)
She realized how bad the schedule and her pay was for what she had to do on the show so she wanted to leave she was promised a decent write off for her character but the Producers never had any time to insert it in.

Thats interesting, I always thought it was strange how they wrote her off. Ashley wasn't even in the characters final scenes. Unless you count the viewing globe scene?

Disney Ranger 02/03/18 07:37 PM

Disney would have made sure to give her a better send off. But I don't think would have let her go without offering her a raise.

Bandora's Ghost 02/03/18 07:39 PM

Anyone remember when And Karen Ashley was on Hanging With Mr. Cooper? It was either while she was on Power Rangers or a short time after?

Inner Senshi 02/03/18 07:40 PM

Yes it was a very sad episode. It made me want to cry in the end.

Disney Ranger 02/03/18 07:41 PM

It isn't often you saw such a serious storyline on a family sitcom. On TGIF no less?

Saban Fan 02/03/18 07:47 PM

Saban felt it was best to replace her with Tanya for new fans. And figured it was better to write her off quickly. Since there was too much going on.in season 3. And they already gave the cast a vacation in the end. Why have Karen come back for one episode?

Crazy Ranger 02/03/18 07:55 PM

I was surprised to see her leave when she did.