Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ninja Storm Movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7846)

Ninja Storm Fan 04/14/17 11:02 PM

Ninja Storm Movie

We need a Ninja Storm Movie!

Uncle Steve 04/14/17 11:17 PM

Re: Ninja Storm Movie

I don't think this would do well at the box office. Even MMPR wasn't a home run.

Captain Codfish 04/15/17 07:55 AM

I'm not against it. I just don't think its very realistic right now. There trying to make MMPR work on the big screen right now. A darker version of Ninja Storm would be interesiting. Even if it is unlikely.

Saban Fan 04/15/17 07:57 AM

Ninja Storm was a Disney season. I think Saban wants to stick to his seasons. And everyone knows MMPR is his favorite.

Eradicator 04/19/17 06:28 PM

The general public doesn't know much about Ninja Storm.

Hailey Ziktor 04/20/17 06:32 PM

I would rather see a DinoThunder movie where Tommy mentors a new group of teens.

Kimberly Cares 04/20/17 06:33 PM

I think people would rather see MMPR movies. A Ninja Storm movie wouldn't have done well.

Ninja Storm Fan 04/20/17 06:39 PM

But the general public think of Ninja Storm when they think of Power Rangers. Most kids today don't even know what MMPR is. But they remember the Ninja Storm toys their parents bought them. The same is true for teens who used to watch the show.

Goldar's Revenge 04/20/17 06:43 PM

Sorry thats just not true. Ninja Storm is not part of pop culture like MMPR. No season is anyway. Ninja Storm performed well in the ratings ans toy sales but its not fondly remembered enough to support a movie. You don't see them trying to make a Star Trek Deep Space Nine Movie. And that was arguably the best written series. I can't say the same for Ninja Storm, but thats another thread. The point is Ninja Storm isn't anywhere near as popular as MMPR.

Disney Ranger 04/20/17 06:46 PM

Ninja Storm was just as great as MMPR. It was great because it was the start of PR's resurgence in the Disney Era. I think a Ninja Storm could be successful, Disney just has to be at the helm. Hopefully with Doug Sloan involved.

Captain Codfish 04/20/17 06:47 PM

They really needed to go with MMPR first. That is not why the box office numbers were mild.

Ransik Lives 04/20/17 06:55 PM

I would rather see a Time Force Movie. But I understand that is just my personal preference. The reality is they had to start with MMPR. Any other incarnation would have done worse at this stage.

Massive Ego 04/21/17 12:15 PM

No one wants to see a movie about the unlikable Ninja Storm Rangers or characters based on them. It would have flopped hard. Not to mention be beyond horrible and cringe worthy. I might as well watch "Dude,Where's My Car"..

Turbo Guy 04/21/17 01:06 PM

I actually liked that movie lol

Omega Black 04/22/17 09:12 PM

Ir you can't get a MMPR movie to work you can't get another incarnation to work any better.

Silverhawk 04/22/17 09:27 PM

Ninja Storm has long been forgotten. Its never going to be revisited. And certainly not at the expense of MMPR.

Goldar's Revenge 04/23/17 11:35 AM

Plus the idea of doing movies based on other incarnations has gone out the window with the modest box office numbers the new movie has brought in. Could you honestly see movies based on the other incarnation performing just as well? In reality they would have done much worse. Especially first out of the gate.

Time For Time Force 04/23/17 05:14 PM

The only I other incarnation that would work would be Time Force. Maybe even better actually. Ninja Storm was a step back for this franchise and doesn't have a box office type storyline..

MMPR Forever 04/23/17 05:24 PM

Ninja Storm was never as good as MMPR. I never got that idea. It was never close. MMPR is the only incarnation that matters besides Ninja Steel. But I wouldn't do a movie about Ninja Steel either. Now we just need a good MMPR movie. Because the first one was terrible.

Wesley Smallings 04/24/17 02:02 PM

Ninja Storm was pretty annoying.

Superstatler 04/24/17 02:44 PM

Why would they do a Ninja Storm movie out of all the other seasons? And why would they not take advantage of a movie budget to revisit MMPR? The most popular incarnation in the first place.

Spike Hart 04/24/17 05:28 PM

A Samurai movie would make more sense since its more recent. But MMPR is the best to go with because its the most well known. No matter how much time passes.

Superstatler 04/24/17 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike Hart (Post 65855)
A Samurai movie would make more sense since its more recent. But MMPR is the best to go with because its the most well known. No matter how much time passes.

I see what you are saying but it wouldn't do any better than a Ninja Storm movie.