Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Medina and Deker (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8678)

Astro Omega 04/07/18 08:06 AM

Medina and Deker

Why didn't they have Medina play Cole in Samurai?

Dayu's Tears 04/07/18 08:08 AM

Re: Medina and Deker

Because they wanted him to be a villian. Cole wasn't a villian. Also Deker's backstory didn't align with Cole's.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 04/07/18 08:10 AM

I'm surprised they don't have more former Rangers come back to play other characters. Especially with the show being in New Zealand.

Goldar's Revenge 04/07/18 08:12 AM

I thought for sure Medina was Cole. I figured he was gonna be possessed by a Nighlok spirit in a similar situation Merrick was in. But thats not the route they went. I was surprised since they went to the trouble to fly Medina to New Zealand.

Usagi Reborn 04/07/18 11:43 AM

I don't see that working. It would be kind of out of left field. Using Merricm would have made more sense.

KimandTommy 04/07/18 11:54 AM

Cole wasn't evil like Deker or Merrick.

Gosei Gold 04/23/18 10:39 PM

I don't think the character would fit in Samurai. Which didn't have any direct ties to Wild Force. Besides being in the same continuity. I can't see a reason for using Cole. So Medina as a new character made far more sense.

MattEmily 04/24/18 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 75759)
Cole wasn't evil like Deker or Merrick.

Merrick wasn't evil either it was Zen-Aku who was doing all that evil stuff basically Zen-Aku's wolf mask had cursed him

KimandTommy 04/28/18 12:05 PM

He was in more control then he let on. All of Zen-Aku's deeds were his fault. Plus he let Zen-Aku follow him in the end. And he wasn't a very nice person as Merrick anyway.

MMPR Forever 04/28/18 12:06 PM

I don't know if Merrick was evil but he was a bad guy and should never have been a Ranger. Zordon never would have tolerwted his loner behaviour.